Cleaning pipes

CFH87

• 2 months later...

If they're a little rusty, aluminum foil and some Coca-Cola will take it right off (keep em wet when your rubbing). If they're oily some engine degreaser and/or Easy-Off oven cleaner with the yellow cap.

What do you do with the coke and aluminum foil? Put the coke on the pipes and rub with foil?

I wish I would have read this. I bought a set of FMF pipes and they are not rusted have some black spots on the chrome. It is not rust as I have used polish and a crap ton of elbow grease and it is coming off slowly...going to try the steel wool and sos pad next. thanks.

• 1 month later...

Im going through the same thing on the banshee i just bout yesterday. i spent 3hrs on JUST 1 of the tommy 5's. I used WD40 and i real brittle wire brush. it didnt scratch.

tomorrow ill start on the other one!!!! the guy i bought it from hadn't cleaned it in 2yrs!!!! its built like 1/4 inch thick hard as rock!!! at one point i took a screw driver and i was tapping it

it started to come off in pieces.. not looking forward for tomorrow... lol