4mm serval vs 4mm stock cylinder?

was that snopczinsci? haven't kept racl lately...

It was my bike. Snop was helping me with it. The pc's ran awesome on there. 5th gear wheelies were not a problem even with the +6 swingarm. You could just be cruising and roll on the throttle and the front end would lift as you pushed on it. I don't think they held it back much on top either, never seemed to quit pulling. The pc's actually had more power than the cpi's and trinity's in the lower rpm's. I did not ride it with the other pipes, just dyno testing.

And to the OP. I switched from a trail ported 4mil stocker on 110 race fuel and the serval would kill it on pump gas. It is tough to beat the serval on pump gas. It was a fun little motor.

Edited by 05stroker

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have gotten by just fine with our clutch and some shifting mods.

Such as what? I ride mostly wide open trails and do a lot of hill climbing. I really dont want an override. Im really just looking for some more power. I love the Idea of having more power and using pump gas. I often ride Hatefield McCoy and hauling gallons of race gas is a pain. My main problem is I live in NE ohio and the trails usually have some puddles so I run a K&N in an air box with no lid. Another concern is my motor now is dam near perfect in terms of smoothness. I has a crap load of low mid and top. I can lug this thing up a hill I have so much low end (for a banshee that is) I really dont want to lose that but I want a more power when I take it on the road. I figure I'm about do for a rebuild and this may be a good time to move up to the Serval.

Such as what? I ride mostly wide open trails and do a lot of hill climbing. I really dont want an override. Im really just looking for some more power. I love the Idea of having more power and using pump gas. I often ride Hatefield McCoy and hauling gallons of race gas is a pain. My main problem is I live in NE ohio and the trails usually have some puddles so I run a K&N in an air box with no lid. Another concern is my motor now is dam near perfect in terms of smoothness. I has a crap load of low mid and top. I can lug this thing up a hill I have so much low end (for a banshee that is) I really dont want to lose that but I want a more power when I take it on the road. I figure I'm about do for a rebuild and this may be a good time to move up to the Serval.

Give me a call and we will discuss your build options..

Do you miss it? I'd hate to give mine up. The only dissapointment with my serval is from my 4 stroke friends who can't remotely keep up with me.

I miss the arm pulling power, but I don't miss changing fouled plugs and messing with jetting everytime I ride. It's funny you say your friends can't keep up on the 4 strokes, that's what I went back to. I grew up on the 4 strokes and I missed the low end grunt. Don't get me wrong, the serval has great low end for a two stroke. But, alot of the time we are riding we have kids with us and putting through the dunes and trails on a two stroke and changing plugs every day isn't much fun. My friends still have trouble keeping up with me in the technical stuff, but I've been riding for 25 years and they only have a few years under their belts. I'm not winning a bunch of drag races, but I can ride all week long and not touch a spark plug or a jet.

ah sold it !, spew !. you didnt have it for long :(

I had the bike for 6 years. Yeah, I didn't have the serval long but I am just done with the two stroke thing for now.

I miss the arm pulling power, but I don't miss changing fouled plugs and messing with jetting everytime I ride. It's funny you say your friends can't keep up on the 4 strokes, that's what I went back to. I grew up on the 4 strokes and I missed the low end grunt. Don't get me wrong, the serval has great low end for a two stroke. But, alot of the time we are riding we have kids with us and putting through the dunes and trails on a two stroke and changing plugs every day isn't much fun. My friends still have trouble keeping up with me in the technical stuff, but I've been riding for 25 years and they only have a few years under their belts. I'm not winning a bunch of drag races, but I can ride all week long and not touch a spark plug or a jet.

I had the bike for 6 years. Yeah, I didn't have the serval long but I am just done with the two stroke thing for now.

if you was changing plugs everyday or every week, sounds like your jetting was way off (rich).

The bike was jetted fine. It never fouled plugs to the point that it wouldn't run. I could feel the throttle response and some of the low end go away when the plugs would start to go. Sure I could have ran them longer but it bothered me so I changed them. Like I said it mostly had to do with how and where we ride.