Jetting Question.. Swaping out my T-5s to shearers

Well just my experiance becasue I just went from T5 pipe to Shearers on my 421. I went up 2 jet sizes and it was way to much fuel you may go up one size but that will be all. I am going to go back to the same jet I had with my T5'S and just try adjusting the needle.

Well just my experiance becasue I just went from T5 pipe to Shearers on my 421. I went up 2 jet sizes and it was way to much fuel you may go up one size but that will be all. I am going to go back to the same jet I had with my T5'S and just try adjusting the needle.

I went from T-5's to Shearers & only went up 1 jet size also. I was running a 158 with my T-5's & went to a 160 with the shearers. It seem to be a tad bit rich so im going back to the 158's. my motor isn't together now but I will give update on how it turns out when I rejet.

Just thought of something else....What pipes where your cylinders ported for? Cause when I got my cylinders dune/play ported by Kevin they were for T5's. I dailed my jetting in perfect with 158's & kevin personally told me a good jetting starting point would be 160's with the Shearers. I did what he recommended & I was rich on the mains. I now have to get a fresh topend rebuild because of low compression & asked kevin what where my durations for the exhaust port for the T5's & he told me. Then he also said he have to work the exhaust ports some more to match the shearers to see even more mid to top performance. Which is a higher exhaust port duration, so now im thinking more air flow thru the cylinders. That is the reasons you would have to go up on the mains with Shearers because the exhaust ports allow more air to flow freely than the T5's exhaust port durations. So by changing to a pipe that will choke it out more the mains would change & changing to a pipe that flows more freely than what it was ported for the jets stay the same. :shrugani:

I hope I made a little bit of sense by posting this....If not im pretty sure somebody will correct me.

Hope it helps you dude.

Edited by 252wheelieking

• 2 months later...