carb bowls?

so i've taken apart and cleaned my carbs,, [for the first time] wow!!! made her run and idle like a champ... i still have fuel that overflows through the carbs.. i have not adjusted the floats,, and ive read not to get them mixed up..

?

if you do get them mixed up,, how do you tell wich is wich?? thanks in advance,, shaka bra

so i've taken apart and cleaned my carbs,, [for the first time] wow!!! made her run and idle like a champ... i still have fuel that overflows through the carbs.. i have not adjusted the floats,, and ive read not to get them mixed up..

?

if you do get them mixed up,, how do you tell wich is wich?? thanks in advance,, shaka bra

The floats themselves are identical, it is the float bowl that is different. The one with the brass BB goes on the left carb. You could have a problem with the neele valve seat- the o ring that seals it to the carb body either wears or gets hard and then fuel leaks into the float bowl around the outside of the seat instead of going through the seat.

everything is explained in a repair manual. its a really good first in vestment. i'd suggest a HAYNES i dont like the clymer that much at all.

the choke pickup is on the carb with the choke

?

This is why we always suggest tearing them apart seperately.

Just look at the carb bowls......the choke carb (one on the left) gets the carb bowl that has the Brass Ball on the outside of it....its kinda small but you'll see it.

be careful as you can alwo mistake the carb slides themselves and put them in backwards into the wrong carbs. the half-moon cut out should be aimed towards the back-side of the bike.