Questioning the pro design's seal...

Well, as I was installing mine I was noticing that the "o-ring" is just a cheap foam deal. I put a little grease around it to help it seal and put it on. My question is, has anybody had a problem with dust and what not getting by that? It doesn't seem like a very good seal, so I was just wondering if anyone puts gasket sealer or anything else around it instead of just relying on the foam o-ring that comes with it.

I use grease on mine works great

Did you just use grease? If the majority of people on here just use grease to help seal it then i'll have peace of mind. If it's common knowledge to apply silicon as well to the foam o-ring then i'm gonna want to take it apart and re-do it

Did you just use grease? If the majority of people on here just use grease to help seal it then i'll have peace of mind. If it's common knowledge to apply silicon as well to the foam o-ring then i'm gonna want to take it apart and re-do it

I put grease on both sides of the foam gasket

I put grease on both sides of the foam gasket

Yea, I figured so now i'm just irritated that I have to take it off again. I only put grease on the side making contact with the airbox, and for peace of mind I want it on both. Does anybody know of anywhere you can get a rubber o-ring for this adapter plate? I really don't like this foam setup and would be way more comfortable with a rubber o-ring. If anybody knows where to get one (or if one even exists) just let me know. Thanks!

you cna buy bulk rubber mat and just cut out your own seal then silicone or import grey it all together while you hvae the box off you can seperate the other parts and seal them up also.