period correct banshee?

I have an 89 that I bought brand new in 89. I have Engine Trix pipes although Toomey T3s are what was really popular back then. I run a cut and chambered stock head because I did not want to spend the money for a Pro Design Cool Head, that was the only one available back then. You would either go with Boyesen Rad Valves or FMF Ram Valves for reeds, although I run ported stock cages with Boyesen petals on mine. I used to run a +4 JP Racing swingarm(stock style), butg it cracked repeatedly, so now I have a +4 stock swingarm that was cut and extended. I have JP Racing upper D arms and Lonestar lower A arms on it, an Axcaliber axle, Works triple rate w/rezzies up front and a reworked stock rear shock. Also, if you want to truly look like an 89, you are going to have to have 10 inch rear wheels as the 89 and 90 came with a 4 on 156 rear bolt pattern that only came on those years and 8 or 9 inch wheels won't fit with that pattern. Also, back in 89 there weas no billet parts and only some crappy looking seat covers available, so most of them were stock in the appearance dept. Mine has been chromed , billetized, custom painted, custom seat, etc. The only give away that it is an 89 is the rear wheel bolt pattern. If I had to buy parts to build or do a major resto, I would buy the current type parts and get the best perfomance possible. A resto looking 89 is not worth any more than one that has current parts on it, maybe it is worth even less in today's market.

Bills pipes. milled stock head, ported stock reed cages with boysen 2 stage reeds. stock carbs bored out to 27.5 mm , uni pod filters, national drag port work, +4 timing modded plate, all theese mods were on my sons 87 when we got it

Edited by toytech

banshees are not like a 250r or any other "period correct" type of build.

i dont really know why you would want to do that i can kinda understand but you would not be happy with it banhees strive int eh fact the aftermarket is SO huge for them its kind alike the chevy 350 of the atv world you can do whatever you want with them bling them out or make them your everyday driver the sky is th e limit.