Shearer Smallbore Inframe Pics?

doug

welcome to shear's move the mounts all around and pull twist yank till they fit right. i have even put hose clamps at that spot in the pic where the filters rub to the frame and tightened them down till the pipes cleared. that actually worked really good.. the rear plasatic hides the clamp

i have always felt the jig, bike or whatever shear made the pipes off of was tweaked or bent and they just didnt know it. they just dont fit all that great but with a lil rework would fit nerly perfect. and once you get them on and running you wont want to take them off.. hehe

Looks close to mine. Did you mount your head pipes on the outside of the pipe mount?

Hey There - it's on the outside, but I've heard that some people run the factory brackets. Do you think this would make any difference? I've attached a photo of the brackets that came on my bike when I bought it. I'm not sure what brand they are.

post-29045-0-75141400-1311291195_thumb.jpg

i have always felt the jig, bike or whatever shear made the pipes off of was tweaked or bent and they just didnt know it. they just dont fit all that great but with a lil rework would fit nerly perfect. and once you get them on and running you wont want to take them off.. hehe

thanks for the input. I'd have to agree. Something isn't quite right here, but at least I know that other people have the same problems with these pipes. I can't wait to get it running. The build has been taken a while. I ordered up some of the heat sleeves from cascade and these filters, which will hopefully fit better. (I mention this for anyone else who may be going through the challenge of trying to get these pipes to fit.)

http://67.199.65.66/cascade_innovations/newlook/store/single_Item_Display.cfm?STORE_item_ID=1689&department_id=103&area_id=13&search=k&n

white knuckle intake with 30degree uni pods, they have a good gap between them and the pipe, but with the 2nd stage filter they touch at the end.

284938_10150264810792002_573727001_7444836_3726287_n.jpg

263476_10150256328172002_573727001_7373271_7034925_n.jpg

Hey Australia! What heads are you running? I'm running the following setup:

421 cub heads

vforce reeds

upp intakes

39mm pwk carbs

and shortly these carbs: 3/4 x 6 - 20 Degree Angled K&N's For 38-39mm

with brand new shearer inframe small bore pipes.

Your setup appears to have truckloads of room, but I think you must be running smaller carbs, heads or something? Thanks for the pics!

Make sure you don't use hangers on the silencers (rear) mount them silencer to frame.

Currently, I have the stingers out about 1/2" from the frame (bolt not tightened). The reason I am doing this is to try and pull the tube to the stinger out towards the frame. (it goes in towards the center of the bike...doing this, pulls it away from the top of the air filter a bit..)

Here's a couple pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/dougstackhouse/BansheeAnger#5631961562554673586

https://picasaweb.google.com/dougstackhouse/BansheeAnger#5631961566181581506

I'd add the pictures here, but it's a pain to resize them and they end up being darn small. I'm curious why you are saying bolt them directly to the frame? My experience (on my second set of Shearer pipes with this bike now... grrr) is that they need to be pushed out if anything....maybe your shearers are different? Any pics to share? Thanks!