10x2 spindle mounts

jtaylor

I have a set of 10x2 spindle mounts with a 19inch bead to bead buff on them. The bike was used for drag racing but am switching it back to a duner. Has anyone had any issues with tire coming off the bead with that size of wheel? I have to run a lot of tire pressure to keep them seated.

I also have another set I was going to use on a VERY heavy bike, any ideas on how much weight these wheels will support?

Thanks.

I have a set of 10x2 spindle mounts with a 19inch bead to bead buff on them. The bike was used for drag racing but am switching it back to a duner. Has anyone had any issues with tire coming off the bead with that size of wheel? I have to run a lot of tire pressure to keep them seated.

I also have another set I was going to use on a VERY heavy bike, any ideas on how much weight these wheels will support?

Thanks.

I wouldn't "dune" ride a 10x2..

Thanks.

Those are way to narrow to ride sand. Out in the dunes you want a wide tire to stay up on top, not a narrow tire to cut in. I would go with a 21x7-10 or a 22x8-10 on a 5 or 6 inch wide wheel. Also, most spindle mount wheels will be too fragile to dune on because they were cut to weigh a minimal amount and don't have much strength left. Alot of people run a .125 wheel(blue label) but I would recomend a .160 or.190 thick wheel(red or black label), the extra few ounces are weigh more durable and you will have alot less problems with leaks. I went back to the factory wheels on my bike and have had zero problems with leaks since I did it. This has been my expierence after 22 years of riding sand.

• 2 months later...

for a dunner a 160 is minimum.

sell the spindle mounts and you shoujld be able to get what you want for the front and have cash in your pocket. a decent NEW set of front wheels and sand tires runs about 140 bucks shipped. the 21 inch is a good size.

• Like 1

U wanna sell spindle mount wheels ? Id like to buy em i have tons of dune tires fronts and rear wanna do any trading?? tires i have r all brand new used one time trip to mi dunes id like to c pics of em text me 7169906215 thanks bud