Gearing- +4MM Stroker & 25" Tall Extreme Haulers

RC418

Hey guy's I am looking to see what you all are running for gearing on your banshee with 25" tall haulers? I recently switched to 25" tires and need suggestions as where to start for gearing. Here are some specs of my bike below;

-+4MM Stroker (Short Rod)

-65 MM Bore (blaster pistons I believe)

-Fully Drag Ported by woody @ Action Cycles

-LRD Exhaust

- Vforce 3 Reeds

- Lightened Flywheel

-34MM Keihin Flat Slide Carbs (Run 114 Octane Race Fuel)

-Custom Cool Head by RK TEK (15:1 Compression)

- Driveline Performance Lock Out Clutch W/ R1 Clutch Fibers

Edited by RC418

im no expert but you also need to know exactly what your gonna be doing with it, weight of rider, suspension, and length of swinger.

Mainly just drag racing at the dunes in Oregon. I weigh 245 & right now I've got a revalved stock shock with the extended spring from Cascade & +6" Swingarm even though that doesnt determine much for gearing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i run 14/40 on 78 roll tire on flats. its ok. you will just have to play with it you cannot just hop on the net and ask a vague Q and get the absolute best possible scenario answer. do what others do. get some front sprokets, go to where you ride it at, and play around with the gearing till its whips the bike your racing.. once the front is pretty close you can adjst the rear to fine tune it.