Want to get a banshee.. What do you think of these?

Ive wanted a banshee for a while now and always loved the sound of them.

theres a black and red 2003 banshee for sale near me this is what the ad says:

red an black 350 twin, fmf exhaust. needs a little work. askin $2700 obo doesnt need much to get ready, great bike.

I called him and he said that the carbs needed resetting ( maybe he ment re jetting?) but he didnt do it before the winter, now he's got it out and it wont start so he's selling her..

Both WAY over priced. Do some reading on here, you will get the idea of what mods to look for and price range.

can you show me where to look?

I wasnt planning on paying that anyway.. I was gonna show up with 2 grand put it in his hand and say ill give you 2000.. Im in canada if that effects the price?

Dallas, keep in mind this is in Canada and ALL Banshees are overpriced lol. Although both of those machines are overpriced, even by Canadian standards, you can expect to pay somewhere around $2000 for a stock machine in decent shape. Unfortunately, you don't find really clean built-up machines around here for a reasonable price, which sucks ass.

V8HUNTER, I see you're in the Peterborough area. I'm in the Kingston area. It's extremely hard to find a good deal around here. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if something decent pops up.

Dallas, keep in mind this is in Canada and ALL Banshees are overpriced lol. Although both of those machines are overpriced, even by Canadian standards, you can expect to pay somewhere around $2000 for a stock machine in decent shape. Unfortunately, you don't find really clean built-up machines around here for a reasonable price, which sucks ass.

V8HUNTER, I see you're in the Peterborough area. I'm in the Kingston area. It's extremely hard to find a good deal around here. I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if something decent pops up.

thanks man

Thats too much for those bikes. You should try Montreal kijiji. There are always tons of Banshees for sale there. If you came to Mtl for a day, you could see many bikes and make up your mind with more confidence. just my $.02

Thats too much for those bikes. You should try Montreal kijiji. There are always tons of Banshees for sale there. If you came to Mtl for a day, you could see many bikes and make up your mind with more confidence. just my $.02

I just looked.. holy crap theres alot of them. Most of them are the the same and wouldnt be worth the drive.. lol but ill keep looking.. thanks guys

Also, how hard it is to clean out the carbs and completlely re jet them and get them synched.. do you need any special tools? should I do it myself or get it done? is it expensive?

I just looked.. holy crap theres alot of them. Most of them are the the same and wouldnt be worth the drive.. lol but ill keep looking.. thanks guys

Also, how hard it is to clean out the carbs and completlely re jet them and get them synched.. do you need any special tools? should I do it myself or get it done? is it expensive?

Its a piece of cake to clean and rebuild them. As far as syncing them they do make a tool that costs around $50. Me personally I do by eye and never have any issues, but if you want the sync tool here is a link for one. sync tool its near bottom of the page.

Also remember to ask anyone you speak to on the phone, if they have a title in hand for the bike they're selling. No offence to the stright shooters from Quebec, but there's a ton of stolen shit floating around that province. There's bad guys in every province, but IMO an over-abundance in Quebec. Just gotta check ownerships and be sure the numbers match before you hand over the cash.

As far as the carbs go, you can buy the factory carb rebuild kit, as well as the sync tool from F.A.S.T racing for a reasonable price. The rebuild kit is super easy and the carb sync tool is easy to use as well. I highly recommend you pick one up.

I looked around for you and found you another option. Check it out. Try to avoid ANY machine that isn't running right before you buy it. You never know what kind of problem it could have.

This one seems decent for our general area. Needs a little cleaning but after looking at a bunch of different areas, this is one of the better prices for ready-to-ride Banshee. Was looking at Ottawa ads and holy shit! People are out of their minds! lol

http://belleville.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-1994-Yamaha-Banshee-350cc-W0QQAdIdZ280355412

Edited by SheezFast02