Life lesson?

HardLuck

This happened awhile back 2004......... :shootself:

LT250r This bike changed my life.... After wrecking this bike I no longer get on ANYTHING withour putting my helmet on! I hit a Dumpster at LS shifting into 5th gear being drunk and stupid @ 2am.... Broke my back compression fracture to my t5/t6 and Eye socket and got over 100 stitches... LESSON LEARNED!!!

25912_385511699027_775399027_3731753_2110875_n.jpg

l.jpg

2011-05-09134149.jpg

2011-05-09134101.jpg

2011-05-09134040.jpg

You can see my tracks running up to the dumpster, I hit it and my face/body hit the top and flew over and landed on my back on the other side of the pavement and I slid for who knows how long.... the picture of me was takin about 20 minutes after I wrecked I didn't remember what had happened I guess all I kept asking was if the other CAR was okay....I made the STUPID decision to stay there till sunlight because I didn't want a DUI if the cops and ambulance came, well I laid in my truck bed till 6am and my now Xwife drove me to the hospital 80 miles away... All the cuts and stuff had dried by now and the ER people had to scrub them all open again OMG it hurt so bad and by then the alcohol was out of my system so I was feeling it all! I was dumb back then and have since learned alot in life, some of my friends still ride without Helmets and everytime I tell them its really not worth it..... Maybe someday they'll change their mind?

was the helmet really necessary in this situation? i could think of a few other things that would have kept you safer that night other than a helmet.....

not drinking, headlights, not hauling ass at 2am, i could go on forever. you got lucky. that's like saying you should always wear leathers and a back brace and you could have taken that dumpster out with no issues. i would just avoid hitting one :rotflmao:

Of course a helmet wasn't the only thing that would have kept me safer that night...duh! Story behind the helmet was I wore it all day that day of riding, but because I was young and drunk my stupid ass got on and almost killed myself. So since that day I have never drank then went riding and have never went riding without my helmet..... Tough way to learn but it did change the way I do things now.....

And yes the Headlights do suck on LT's..... As for hauling ass at 2am, the camp next to us was over at our camp hangin out and one of the guys there had a trx250 and asked me to race him up the mountain I told him a few times no cuz I had too much to drink well he kept pushing me to go race him and my Stupid self agreed, we rode over to the mountain and again I told him I'd probably wreck turning around at the top so we raced at the bottom where the flats are....My headlight didn't flash out too far so I had no time to react once I saw the dumpster...... Drunk+bad headlights+Bad choice= STUPID! banghead

• 1 month later...

wow, im glad youre alright, but i hate to see rare old quads get totalled, if its a new quad that sucks but atleast its replaceable, old quads like 250r's or quadzillas are getting rarer and rarer, and frames are never the same again :( i just finished the complete rebuild of my shee, and i almost totalled it on my second ride into a deer, i missed it by a few feet, because in the northeast deer just love to jump in the middle of the trail and not move banghead

You got lucky as hell. I want give you shit for it though. I have and sometimes still due dumb shit like that. Last week me and my buddy took my hayabusa out at 2am with no helmets on and drunk at 130 mph. One of the dumbest things I have done. Hope something like that dont happen for me or worse to learn my lesson.

Edited by F.T.W. Banshee

• 3 weeks later...

You got lucky as hell. I want give you shit for it though. I have and sometimes still due dumb shit like that. Last week me and my buddy took my hayabusa out at 2am with no helmets on and drunk at 130 mph. One of the dumbest things I have done. Hope something like that dont happen for me or worse to learn my lesson.

We all do stupid shit but this takes the cake. I hope you guys called no homo first.

• 3 weeks later...

We all do stupid shit but this takes the cake. I hope you guys called no homo first.

Im confortable with sexuality but he was told to hold on to the grab bar in back.lol. Yeah it was dumb and have since sold the bike. Not because of that night but I dont even have a license to drive a car. So gotta get them back and a motorcyle license before I buy another bike. Definetly wont be drivin drunk anymore tho.

Im confortable with sexuality but he was told to hold on to the grab bar in back.lol. Yeah it was dumb and have since sold the bike. Not because of that night but I dont even have a license to drive a car. So gotta get them back and a motorcyle license before I buy another bike. Definetly wont be drivin drunk anymore tho.

Riding nuts to butt is never okay....