Compression at 80 need help on rebuild

So i sold my lil bro my banshee and he brought it to a guy to get the floats ajusted. He said that he checked the compression and it was 80 on both sides. So my question is should i try to do this bc he said he would charge 700 for it. And if i do this what all should be replaced?

First don't let that dude do it sounds like a ripoff artist. Get a cheap autozone tester and make sure that the psi is really that low. What needs replaced depends on what's wrong. 700 even with parts is super outrageous. Are u anywhere near Cincinnati? Shoot for a top end rebuild I would charge 100+parts. For700 you could rebuild the crank and top end and it could be something simple as a hone and rings

First don't let that dude do it sounds like a ripoff artist. Get a cheap autozone tester and make sure that the psi is really that low. What needs replaced depends on what's wrong. 700 even with parts is super outrageous. Are u anywhere near Cincinnati? Shoot for a top end rebuild I would charge 100+parts. For700 you could rebuild the crank and top end and it could be something simple as a hone and rings

No im in grand rapids, but thats what i thought i have 2 theories bc it ran fine before we brought it to him, it started hard if it sat for more than a week but if you ran it every couple days it would stat within the first 3 kicks.

1) dude effed it up and now wants me to pay to fix it

2) It was a small maricel that it ran on a compression of 80 lol

I dont know the guy and but i cant say that an 88 banshee wouldnt need a rebuild at some point. Ill have to get it back and tear down the top end and see what i find, should i pull the motor for this project?

No im in grand rapids, but thats what i thought i have 2 theories bc it ran fine before we brought it to him, it started hard if it sat for more than a week but if you ran it every couple days it would stat within the first 3 kicks.

1) dude effed it up and now wants me to pay to fix it

2) It was a small maricel that it ran on a compression of 80 lol

I dont know the guy and but i cant say that an 88 banshee wouldnt need a rebuild at some point. Ill have to get it back and tear down the top end and see what i find, should i pull the motor for this project?

I wouldnt tear anything down till you did a compression test. Just screw the tester in 1 plug hole at a time by hand per the instructions,kick it over while holding the throttle wide open until the psi wont go up any higher,usualy 15-20 kicks. If the cylinders are over 110 psi each,and not more than 5 psi difference between the two i wouldnt do a rebuild

I would assume its had a rebuild being that old but who knows,def dont trust that guy ,this is the reason i started doing my own work,in 2002 i didnt know shit about porting/boring i brought my cylinders to a local guy he tells me 800 for a port and hone because my shit was new,so not knowing anybetter i did it,I decided to pay a visit because he was taking forever with it and when i get there to ask him what type of porting im getting he says all you need to know is i take metal out .Mind you hes drinking heavily and there is two huge rails of coke on the bench.So i said to myself if this idiot can do it so can I

I would assume its had a rebuild being that old but who knows,def dont trust that guy ,this is the reason i started doing my own work,in 2002 i didnt know shit about porting/boring i brought my cylinders to a local guy he tells me 800 for a port and hone because my shit was new,so not knowing anybetter i did it,I decided to pay a visit because he was taking forever with it and when i get there to ask him what type of porting im getting he says all you need to know is i take metal out .Mind you hes drinking heavily and there is two huge rails of coke on the bench.So i said to myself if this idiot can do it so can I

The coke helped him focus, lol. Hey is there anyone on ebay that is a member hear that i could by stuff from?

What do you need,my advise is check comp first if its down under 110ish,pop the cylinders off and send them to be checked,if you were closer i would check them for you,if the person checking them knows shees then they will know if it need pistons of just rings