Banshee kickstart Problem

Im a noob on here, but anyway, i searched for a bit, and still having a hard time getting a answer for my problem.

Anyway, i have a 96 banshee, bored and stuff, but when i go to kick it now, it doesnt catch. It just free coasts until it hits the foot peg. im wondering what is a common thing to fail in them, just so i know what to look for when i dig into it tonight. Anyone have a writeup by any chance.

Thanks.

too late on the bump start, you were right though, it was 2 gears. i pulled the over off and half of the gear fell out.

2011-05-03_12-01-37_461.jpg

im assuming i can re assemble by the bottom end sticky?

Yes on the bottom end sticky. Don't know if just that gear is available. Highly suggest new clip for idle gear. Have heard horror stories of damage from idle gear coming off. I don't have to worry about that, previous owner welded the washer to end of shaft banghead , ain't never coming off. Check idler on shaft, if it wobbles a lot get new bushing for it. :cheers:

Yes on the bottom end sticky. Don't know if just that gear is available. Highly suggest new clip for idle gear. Have heard horror stories of damage from idle gear coming off. I don't have to worry about that, previous owner welded the washer to end of shaft banghead , ain't never coming off. Check idler on shaft, if it wobbles a lot get new bushing for it. :cheers:

yea the broken gear you cant buy by itself. so i got a whole clutch basket, flywheel and stuff locally cheap, ordered a new idler gear. the end of the shaft on mines is messed up, so i may tack weld a washer on it.

:rotflmao: Don't use ANY brake clean anywhere near it before welding. It can create DEADLY gasses. Other than that my suggestion would be two small tacs to minimize heat.

Y'all can flame me, but the shaft is already shot, so what will it hurt? Can't spoil a rotten egg. :jesterlaugh:

not to worried about gas's ive welded metal that give off poison gases before, you just have to get the right brake clean.

and that was my thoughts, if its already shot, screw it, might as well give it a washer with 2 good tacs.

not to worried about gas's ive welded metal that give off poison gases before, you just have to get the right brake clean.

and that was my thoughts, if its already shot, screw it, might as well give it a washer with 2 good tacs.

OR buy a shaft and fix it correctly. That way you can pull everything else apart and see what else is about to let go and give you MORE problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, your Banshee can travel farther in 1/2 hour than you can walk in a whole day.

Edited by bansheesandrider