I'm new on here, quick description i had a banshee growing up my first qaud. dad got it from the neighbor.. immediately loved it had till high school and start of college. then had no time, so dad sold it. but now i just got the offer tomorrow teusday may 3 to go get a 98 banshee blue and white.. i have never bought one myself, and it is used.. anything i should look for in particular? he said it runs and drives... and it has been sitting for four years.. i know first off drain gas.. anything i should do before i take it out and run it hard? thanks for the Input ill post pics tomorrow if it is a good deal..

Nice to have you apart of the crew. Take your time looking at your possible new purchase. Don't get too excited and make a purchase you may regret after you load it up and bring it to the house. This is going to be YOURS so don't be afraid to ask the guy questions, LOTS and LOTS of questions about the bikes history and mods.

See if the pipes are warm when you show up. You want the bike cold so you can see how well it starts. Take a compression gauge with you see what's goin on inside that thing. Hope it works out for ya. Let us know how it turns out. Again, Welcome to BHQ

Welcome to BHQ!

Ask alot of questions. IMHO A good owner will know every little thing about the bike. Every mod, rebuild, part, jets, and anything on the bike. If you have a compression tester, I would check that while your there. Unfortunately if its a 98, there could be a good chance that this bike has had more than one owner, and it could have things on there one owner forgot to tell the next. In that case, you'll start learning as you go.

Post some pics of the bike!

Just picked it up!!!! didn't start when I got there brought it home, pulled carb and spark plugs found out it's jetted 240, it has fmf pipes has new front shocks steel throttle cable, asv clutch and front brake handles, razor tires ( 3 plugs found) no oil in gearbox, missing water pump cover, no coolant in it, after that still wouldn't start.....found a red and black wire was pulled apart went out on a limb and reconnected them and it fired right up!!!! Drove it and it ran great with fresh gas. Anything else I should check.. Is it normal for banshee's not to idle??? Thanks o yeah how do I upload pics???

Just picked it up!!!! didn't start when I got there brought it home, pulled carb and spark plugs found out it's jetted 240, it has fmf pipes has new front shocks steel throttle cable, asv clutch and front brake handles, razor tires ( 3 plugs found) no oil in gearbox, missing water pump cover, no coolant in it, after that still wouldn't start.....found a red and black wire was pulled apart went out on a limb and reconnected them and it fired right up!!!! Drove it and it ran great with fresh gas. Anything else I should check.. Is it normal for banshee's not to idle??? Thanks o yeah how do I upload pics???

You should just be able to adjust the idle screws on the carbs if the tors is removed.

Use photobucket to load pics on here. You may have to down size them a bit