421cheetah pv assembly fitment issues

oih8u2

I had recently purchase a 421 cheetah "kit" and i have had some issues with assembling it. it first started with the stud extenders with incomplete treads. then the cylinder domes would not fit between the head studs, filed the recesses to fit. now i am trying to fit the pipes in, which are pro circuit (because i had them already), and one pipe is hitting the cylinder head and carburator (35pwk) on the mag side. has anyone else had this type of pipe problems and how did you correct it? its sad to say it but my stock pipes fit better.

which pipes would fit better? no drag pipes! i run fire guard roads, hill climb/pits and attempt to ice race at times.

what other fitment issues do i have to look forward to?

i have the topic "trinity blows" and did not find it to useful. could be renamed "trinity blows o-rings" jmo.

and to the mods, sorry if i had posted this in the wrong section. please move accordingly.

You can just use spacers to fix the pipe fitment issue. I've had to do that with my Shearers, which the old ones are notorious for not fitting well on the stator side. Most of the CPI's I've seen have fit well, and would complement that motor nicely.

the domes should have fit??

the pipes on the stator side will have issues usually some space on the mount to clear also what intakes did they send with it? some of the UPP ones have a angle to them and if they are on backwards can move the carb towards the frame instead of towards the middle. might take a looksee at that?

well camatv the boots are from upp and the boot side is closer to the center of the motor. i place the boot numbered 1 one the mag side and boot 2 on pto side, only made sense.

and okbeast i've never heard of pipe spacers, can you give me a bit more detail?

I had recently purchase a 421 cheetah "kit" and i have had some issues with assembling it. it first started with the stud extenders with incomplete treads. then the cylinder domes would not fit between the head studs, filed the recesses to fit. now i am trying to fit the pipes in, which are pro circuit (because i had them already), and one pipe is hitting the cylinder head and carburator (35pwk) on the mag side. has anyone else had this type of pipe problems and how did you correct it? its sad to say it but my stock pipes fit better.

which pipes would fit better? no drag pipes! i run fire guard roads, hill climb/pits and attempt to ice race at times.

i have the topic "trinity blows" and did not find it to useful. could be renamed "trinity blows o-rings" jmo.

and to the mods, sorry if i had posted this in the wrong section. please move accordingly.

Let me get this straight.........After everything that I personally said about the problems Trinity is having with the 4 mill cheetah motors......you still bought the kit? :whoa::o

Please tell me you didn't find the "Trinity Blows" post till AFTER you bought the kit. :(

Don't get too attached to those domes,,,, your going to need new ones. <_<

i read "trinity blows" which dam near everyone were complaining about their orings melting or blow by and detenation. i am not drag racing. i own my own lathe so if have to change the squish angle its no big deal. but no one was really complaining about fitment issues, but dam near everyone was running close to a drag pipe, ans the odd toomey. i have pro circuits and they wont fit on the mag side properly. so i am trying to find out which pipe will fit easier in the frame without any more mods.

I have run both the CPI in frames and the shearer in frames on mine. Your motor will like the Shearer small bores best. (I dyno'd the BB CPI's against the BB and SB Shearers and the SB Shearers made more overall torque and 14 more HP!) The only thing I had to do to get them to mount was put some spacers between the pipe mounting tabs and the pipe hanger mounts because the pipes needed to be rolled slightly out from the motor. Then I just run the clamp on "Sparky Spark arrestors".

My buddie Brian sent his 485 ( pile of junk ) back 2 times so far. He just go it back yesterday. The big fix is new orange, high temp O-rings. Some how I doubt this is a fix?

Yep, you know I'm sounding the warnings. :confused:

DON'T even START that motor till you have Tim at Titan Racing cut the domes the right shape. Last thing you want to see happen, is that motor blow the rings when it's good and hot...and you'll trash the pistons and spend $300 to get new ones, all becuase the domes are a disfunctional shape! :flush:

TRINITY = JUNK! :cry::bolt:

Wait till it hits a dyno and your number reads 68HP. :whoa: NO joke! Ask "Nickisgod" he's been down this same path. :unsure:

Yep, you know I'm sounding the warnings. :confused:

DON'T even START that motor till you have Tim at Titan Racing cut the domes the right shape. Last thing you want to see happen, is that motor blow the rings when it's good and hot...and you'll trash the pistons and spend $300 to get new ones, all becuase the domes are a disfunctional shape! :flush:

TRINITY = JUNK! :cry::bolt:

Wait till it hits a dyno and your number reads 68HP. :whoa: NO joke! Ask "Nickisgod" he's been down this same path. :unsure:

John, im agreeing with you more every day. Trinity sucks. They treated him horrible. I'm taking his domes to get recut Monday.

and then enter nickisgod.....

o boy. you bought a cheetah. i do similar style riding as you, have a similar motor so lets see if anything i say will help you.

A. trinity had pc'ed my exhaust flanges (the part witch mates the exhaust to engine) so i had to sand it off after i had already mounted everything <_<

B. the domes they give you are very tight fit and will only mate if the holes on the head are alligned with the half circles on the domes, there is a specific way and no 2 ways to seat the dome.

C. fitting your pipes is a pita. mine also have the same problem. i spaced it out as best as i could. i use sb shearers as john advised.

also send the domes back to trinity asap. i can show you my engine after only 2 sets of orings and about 20hours at most on the engine. it was dyno'd jetted and using c12 gas and sill wouldnt run right.

after i got the right domes the bike was retaredly powerful for 30mins untill, well you guessed it, oring failure. and this "hightemp orings" bs make me wondering wat kinda of orings im getting. did trintiy neglected the fact that they were using womens pony tail holders? and not engine orings? id love to hear the explantion of how this "oring" will solve detination problems. its kinda like saying neosporin will cure cancer.

• 3 weeks later...

and then enter nickisgod.....

o boy. you bought a cheetah. i do similar style riding as you, have a similar motor so lets see if anything i say will help you.

A. trinity had pc'ed my exhaust flanges (the part witch mates the exhaust to engine) so i had to sand it off after i had already mounted everything <_<

B. the domes they give you are very tight fit and will only mate if the holes on the head are alligned with the half circles on the domes, there is a specific way and no 2 ways to seat the dome.

C. fitting your pipes is a pita. mine also have the same problem. i spaced it out as best as i could. i use sb shearers as john advised.

also send the domes back to trinity asap. i can show you my engine after only 2 sets of orings and about 20hours at most on the engine. it was dyno'd jetted and using c12 gas and sill wouldnt run right.

after i got the right domes the bike was retaredly powerful for 30mins untill, well you guessed it, oring failure. and this "hightemp orings" bs make me wondering wat kinda of orings im getting. did trintiy neglected the fact that they were using womens pony tail holders? and not engine orings? id love to hear the explantion of how this "oring" will solve detination problems. its kinda like saying neosporin will cure cancer.

Now with the sb shearers, i wouldn't have to rotate the carb to clear the pipe? and they will fit with little problems as compared to the pro curcuits?

Does anyone have some pictures or links of this this setup? I would like to see some pics of the pipes clearing everything before i make a purchase.

John, im agreeing with you more every day. Trinity sucks. They treated him horrible. I'm taking his domes to get recut Monday.

Sorry to hear that your agreeing with me.......that meens your going thru all the B.S. I was warning about.

Who's cutting the domes? Did you ever get your bike on a dyno? I'll have the jetting info for him tomorrow........