what mods need done to run alcohol

shaw211

it is .40 over with wiesco pro lites right now has duncan racing power head cpi pipes i was just wondering what the basic stuff for alcohol would be besides carbs

Thats it and learning how to tune a bike on alcohol is a whole lot different than gas. I am still learning how to tune alcohol. Burn marks are different.

hmm

need to gap at .18 on the plugs, make sure the ignition is REALLY good

need oil that mixes with alky castrol 927, klotz supertechniplate and redline alchohol oils?

need FRESH alky not that stuff thats in your buddies garage from 2 years ago that he gave you for free

if running ANY other carb besides lectrons you will have to drill dump tubes and buy needles and mains and much larger pilots. you will probably blow up a few motors from lean hangs and sucking the bowls dry or wrong jetting etc.

if you really want to go to alky the best "noob" alky carb is the lectron set up by PACKARD! MUCH easier to tune and much less likely ( but still will) to blow a motor.

its really best to have a experienced alky person help you out the first time

hmm

need to gap at .18 on the plugs, make sure the ignition is REALLY good

need oil that mixes with alky castrol 927, klotz supertechniplate and redline alchohol oils?

need FRESH alky not that stuff thats in your buddies garage from 2 years ago that he gave you for free

if running ANY other carb besides lectrons you will have to drill dump tubes and buy needles and mains and much larger pilots. you will probably blow up a few motors from lean hangs and sucking the bowls dry or wrong jetting etc.

if you really want to go to alky the best "noob" alky carb is the lectron set up by PACKARD! MUCH easier to tune and much less likely ( but still will) to blow a motor.

its really best to have a experienced alky person help you out the first time

Cam Im glad you showed up and said something. Since I am new to alcohol myself and between you and Andy are teaching me about alcohol.

Drill your gas cap vent tube out bigger.

Pingle fuel valve

billet bowls

power jets

drill dump tubes

drill mains

bigger pilots

different needles

spark plugs gapped tighter

pickup coil gapped tighter

alcohol domes

oil that will mix with alcohol

purge when you're done.