Cool Heads need what size domes PRO DESIGN

I have some Pro Design cool heads and i am unsure wat size my cylinders are bored because i bought the motor from somone whole, so i never opened it up because i never had any problems,my motor isnt stock because it leaves stock bikes all day, i want to put these extra cool heads to use but i do not know what size domes to get can anybody help me ?????

And can someone explain whats the difference with performance with bigger or smaller domes.. THNKS

I have some Pro Design cool heads and i am unsure wat size my cylinders are bored because i bought the motor from somone whole, so i never opened it up because i never had any problems,my motor isnt stock because it leaves stock bikes all day, i want to put these extra cool heads to use but i do not know what size domes to get can anybody help me ?????

And can someone explain whats the difference with performance with bigger or smaller domes.. THNKS

well dude you need all the information for you motor... 4 mil.... 7mil....???? all plays a part.... what gas you running? even the compression of the cylinders is helpful? dont want too high of compression

or too low.... so you need to know what you got before jumping ahead

The cc of the dome doesn't correlate to the cc of the cylinder the way you perhaps think. There are big bore domes but you won't need them from normal boring of the cylinder, usually only after you pass 66mm bore and bigger. You need to find out what your bore is, if you're motor is running blaster pistons or not if it is a bb (different dome angle), if you have a stroker crank, how much timing advance you are running, and your elevation.

There's plenty of factors that affect what domes to run. Always a good idea to get all the info you can on the motor of a used bike, otherwise it's a dangerous and expensive guessing game. Best bet is to tear her down to see what's going on in there and log some info. beer.gif

well dude you need all the information for you motor... 4 mil.... 7mil....???? all plays a part.... what gas you running? even the compression of the cylinders is helpful? dont want too high of compression

or too low.... so you need to know what you got before jumping ahead

Im runnin regular gas 93 mixed with 927 nuthin diff den a stock bike, No 4 mill or above it's under

well what i have always done with my banshees for checking compression is get a compression tester... which you can get from a parts store like ohhhh carquest or napa... just make sure it has the longer reach adapter... to make sure just take a plug in there and ask an older guy... not a high school girl.... to get you set up... then just screw in on the cylinder.. pull the other plug.. shut off gas... disconnect the cdi or coil -kill the spark- and hold the throttle wide open.. then kick that thing over no less then 15 times and see your reading... this method has always worked great for me.... at least this is what i remember from the last time i did it last summer ha

but then thats just tells ya if the dome size you have now is in the right ball park... and not WAY off... the best way is to find ALL your specs of the bike and call a builder... if my memory serves me right id say you should be at like ohhh 22 cc domes or so if its stock and mild mild ..... JUST my guess though