barrel roll

dimwit

Hi, Dimwit here.

I recently bought a s/h 06 shee for $3800, and seem to have fucked it in record time (2 weeks), this is impressive even by my standards.

I was going up a fire break in a local pine plantation, it was pretty rutted out, decent sized 8" rocks everywhere, grips, or bars and breaches or whatever you yanks call 'em (i'm an aussie btw). anyway, I've got it pinned and whacked a decent size rock, which flicked me sideways, just before a grip (bout a 2ft high jump), so when I kind of landed, sideways, the shee hooks up and flips me off backward, all this shit was partly due to the twist throttle i was testing out after installing it 10 mins beforehand. So, it does this peiroette type of deal on me, next thing i'm facing downhill riding sidesaddle thinking "fuck, this shit has gone bad". Unfortunately, both my legs were on the gear lever side, until I launched off a grip going downhill, then for a brief moment they were over the bars, then dragging along beside me as the shee was dragging me down the hill flapping in the wind like a ragdoll, only brake i could get to was the front which wasn't that productive as i was rolling the fuckin twist throttle on as i was going for it. I remember thinking " this fuckers in band now, i'm bailing".

I got to my feet pretty quickly but there was fuck-all I could do but watch it leave the firebreak i was on and barrel roll off the side, down into a steep gully.

probs hit the ground 5 times on way to the bottom,estimate 30 rolls, estimate 15ft high per bounce.

I was expecting it to be totaled, I was expecting to see shit flying off it everywhere, but it came out surprisingly well.

damage tally: bent upper A-arm

bent front rims x 2

bent spindle

bent rear axle

twisted rear bearing carrier

twisted ends on swingarm

bent rear subframe

bent silencers

kind of fucked the rear plastics

and both my headlights were hanging out like like eyeballs hanging from optic nerves.

On the bright side I took some tools down with me and straightened a s much shit as possible (bars, ect), and shee started first kick, then rode it out on three wheels, one of tyres got tore off.

heres some pics of the resting place.049.jpg046.jpg052.jpg.

heres some pics of the damage054.jpg048.jpg050.jpg

Edited by dimwit

Welcome. Good story, kinda funny how you told it, I'm sure it wasn't as funny as it was happening. Looks like you got off pretty light all things considered. Good excuse to get some new pipes and a-arms now though. Good luck with the repairs, and PS love the sig. pic.

I missed all the rear end stuff getting bent/twisted on the first read, maybe you didn't get off so light. Always couldve been worse I suppose. I had a few mishaps when I got mine including a front roll that bent all sorts of stuff (handle bars, steering stem, frame, axle, plastics, my pride) plus broke my wrist. A buddy broke his collar bone years ago the day he got his.

Yer thanks man, I got off pretty light injury wise, only really ground off one of my love handles with the rear tyre as it was running over me :rotflmao:.

got it straightened pretty quick, went riding last weekend with some two wheeled bike mates. one mate tryed an overtaking manouver on a firebreak that just wasn't there . ended up landing his front wheel, 2010 yzf450, you know the fuel injected rocketship ones, on one of my back tyres, i look over as in "what the fuck was that" to see his bike doing cartwheels and him doing a "superman doing yoga @60mph" impression. man he is sore, (and a sook). so now looking for another riding buddy for the time being, preferably one not made from marshmallow :cry: . as I tell my injured mate.

for a dimwit I am a bastard.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...