frame gussets

zach45

gusset kit I bought one of these and had it installed with the addition of some of my own! This kit does not address some of the most important weak spots like the steering stem mount at the gas tank and bottom mount. I had a welder fabricator help me make some for that as well. Buying the kit and paying someone can get expensive but if you have some know how it can be done much cheaper. I will see if I can post some pics.

do you need gussets because your aMX racing or what? if you check out cascade they have a very nice picture area for stock chassis that show SOME of the weak points. mostly they are at the steering stop and from loop for the stem top. also down just past that stupid huge chunk of crap inbetween the frame rails they can bend IF your jumping them 100+ft doubles. if you are you should really look into a more lighter and modern 4 poke for MX racing.. or a full aftermarket frame.. a gusset "kit" is kinda awaste of time and $$$$ to me really