Need advise even after hours of searching

koyote

Ok ,I have a 2000 banshee stock motor/carbs,boysen reeds,spacers and boost bootle(I know...LOL)k&n single filter with airbox no lid main jet 300 pilot 27.5 carb needle clip 4th down from blunt end, sync from jeff @ F.A.S.T. tors eliminator kit installed so cal temps 1450' elevation

Now The shee starts right up will not idel and the air screws seem to do nothing. When i pull the choke it dies and when trying to ride it is bogged down real bad seems to load up. Any suggestions from you pros is greatly appriciated

300 mains is to big for 1,400 feet and still running an air box you hsould be down are 260 to 280. The bogging is most likely caused by the fact that you are putting way to much fuel in it. When you istalled the idle screws did you make sure to grind the carbs down enough so that the screws go in far enough to make the slides lift?

300 mains is to big for 1,400 feet and still running an air box you hsould be down are 260 to 280. The bogging is most likely caused by the fact that you are putting way to much fuel in it. When you istalled the idle screws did you make sure to grind the carbs down enough so that the screws go in far enough to make the slides lift?

Thanks for the replys! Well i was just looking in to that .The idle screws do touch the slides when compleatly screwed in but they dont lift them very much at all so ill take them off and grind them both down a lil more.As for the mains what do you suggest take the box with vents out,or leave and go down on mains?

THANKS AGAIN

ah, beat me too it... also alot of times idle problem can be caused by clogged idle jet.

Edited by magz

ah, beat me too it... also alot of times idle problem can be caused by clogged idle jet.

I removed the carbs and washed with soap and water then sprayed them down with some carb cleaner before install but i cant say i pulled out the idle jet just the mains.So im in the process of doing everything over again but this time ill pull all jets.

I will start with the idle screw depth then clean and install or does everyone agree i should rejet the main or remove the airbox.The bogging is from 1/4 throttel to WOT if that helps anyone.

Ok ,I have a 2000 banshee stock motor/carbs,boysen reeds,spacers and boost bootle(I know...LOL)k&n single filter with airbox no lid main jet 300 pilot 27.5 carb needle clip 4th down from blunt end, sync from jeff @ F.A.S.T. tors eliminator kit installed so cal temps 1450' elevation

Now The shee starts right up will not idel and the air screws seem to do nothing. When i pull the choke it dies and when trying to ride it is bogged down real bad seems to load up. Any suggestions from you pros is greatly appriciated

Well I have been banging my head trying to get the shee back to life still no luck. How far should my idle screws go in the throttle? Right now they go in about half way threw the cut in the slide I want to take more off the carb so the screw can go in deeper but not ruin my carbs.As of now i have to use the cable adjust on the bars to get idle with screws all the way in

the cut away goes towards the air filters not the intake like cam suggested.

when you put the tors kit on did you file the boss on the carb down so when you screw the screw down it goes inside the bore more. if you didnt remove the nut off the idle screw and if you get it to idle without the nut you need to file or grind the boss down more.

300 main is ideal and has no effect on your idle. if any thing you could go back to stock pilot of a 25. but your motor might like lil more pilot.

also make sure you have the choke tube connected between the carbs.

oh oops sorry guess i should have been more clear i kinda say intake ( air) and engine side ( reeds) my engine wording may be a lil differnt.

if you have to use the cable to get idle the screws are not in far enough. if you can bottom out the screws and it dosnet idle they are not filed enough.. in my opinion they should be longer anyways. i dont like how short they really are. almost always have to file the carbs way down and then almost bottom out the screw to ge them idle'd/ if the angle area onteh side of the carb is still there your not in far enough.

if the idle air screw wont affect the motor after it is running and idleing the pilot is WRONG basic jet knowledge ( alltho its almost always ignored) is that when the pilot jet is correct the idle air screw will make changes to the engine idle speed if it is rich it wont make much of a change going full lean and if its lean the bike wont idle down with it full rich. easy way to know whats being added is where the screw is if its on the air filter side its adding AIR SO out is leaner ( more air) and in is richer. if its on the side of the carb AFTER the fuel bowl its adding FUEL so out is richer ( more FUEL) and in is leaner ( less fuel) just a lil tid bit. and nearly ALL atv's i have had come through here were too rich on the pilot before you can even really jet the bike corestelly you need to get the pilot the right size, get it to idle ok, and make absolutely positive the synch is correct. after that AND AFTER the throttle response is good THEN you can move onto the needle and main jet..

oh oops sorry guess i should have been more clear i kinda say intake ( air) and engine side ( reeds) my engine wording may be a lil differnt.

if you have to use the cable to get idle the screws are not in far enough. if you can bottom out the screws and it dosnet idle they are not filed enough.. in my opinion they should be longer anyways. i dont like how short they really are. almost always have to file the carbs way down and then almost bottom out the screw to ge them idle'd/ if the angle area onteh side of the carb is still there your not in far enough.

if the idle air screw wont affect the motor after it is running and idleing the pilot is WRONG basic jet knowledge ( alltho its almost always ignored) is that when the pilot jet is correct the idle air screw will make changes to the engine idle speed if it is rich it wont make much of a change going full lean and if its lean the bike wont idle down with it full rich. easy way to know whats being added is where the screw is if its on the air filter side its adding AIR SO out is leaner ( more air) and in is richer. if its on the side of the carb AFTER the fuel bowl its adding FUEL so out is richer ( more FUEL) and in is leaner ( less fuel) just a lil tid bit. and nearly ALL atv's i have had come through here were too rich on the pilot before you can even really jet the bike corestelly you need to get the pilot the right size, get it to idle ok, and make absolutely positive the synch is correct. after that AND AFTER the throttle response is good THEN you can move onto the needle and main jet..

Ok first off Thank you guys for your help.I filled the carbs down even more put it back toghther it still wont idel without cable adjustment but now it runs good on top but lags untill powerband kicks in and my idle screws are allthe way in so im going to go down a size on the pilot to stock 25. Jetting is somthing im trying to understand but having lots of trouble so let me know if im going in the right direction.Shee still starts up with one kick no choke! cold!

Ordered 280 and 25 jets have not put in yet, still unsure if im to go up or down on pilot because it seems like no change either way when adjusting scews (air & idle) but it runs good WOT but still no idle. I know someone else will benifit from my frustration (besides my liquor store) after we solve this prob. First time jetting for me and the shee has to have the right jetting or its night and day.Wish i hade been doing all the work on her my self so i would know more about her but her i go...After i fix thie jetting ill advance my timing with the DIY plate mod.Hope next time in Glamis i can kill some raptors on the hill :cheers: !!!!!