Transfer case porting for Serval?

SuperMex

in my OPINION the cub, serv, cheeta all should have case porting done they also (in my opinion) MUST have the top case filled for better sealing on the base gasket. i also only use the cometic alluminum former base gasket for them ( the .18 tho one) its easy to see why IF you have it case ported the mis match from the cases is significant.

in my OPINION the cub, serv, cheeta all should have case porting done they also (in my opinion) MUST have the top case filled for better sealing on the base gasket. i also only use the cometic alluminum former base gasket for them ( the .18 tho one) its easy to see why IF you have it case ported the mis match from the cases is significant.

Can you explain what you mean by "top case filled for better sealing on the base gasket"?

If your gonna have the cases apart i would recommend it then your bottom end is DONE and you wont have to tear it back apart to do it later. Worth about 2-3 hp.

If your gonna have the cases apart i would recommend it then your bottom end is DONE and you wont have to tear it back apart to do it later. Worth about 2-3 hp.

I personally would tear mine apart just to match port the cases even if it wasn't gonna be apart. Im anal though. :shrugani:

same, thats free hp.

i think its different with stock cylinders than after market cylinders as retrieved hp goes, as the serval transfers are bigger than stock. so they may be a bigger increase than 2-3hp.

id do it...

SOS: when porting for a cub or a maxed stock cly, the base gasket transfer area gets a bit skinny, so you epoxy the outer sides of the transfer, so there is more surface area for the base gasket to seal between the case and the cylinder.