gearing or jetting?

DannysZ28

I have a 4mil passion 12 port motor. The problem is when i leave in 2nd gear it seems to bog when its hooking decent and i have to clutch it to get it back on the pipe. Im running 14-41 gearing and 20" duro hook-ups that hook really good. As long as i leave in first gear it does not bog in 2nd but i thought it should pull second really well with the power it makes. Plug looks great and jetting is what jim at passion recommended which is 152-50. I was wondering if leaning the pilot jet would help or do you think it should be geared lower when track is hooking? Here are the specs of my setup.

4mil 12port passion, CPI inframes

35pwks 152-50 jetting, close to sea level

vf3s, 19cc domes with 170psi

+7 timing

14-41 gearing and override

why you dead set on leaving in second,what do you plan on gaining?

Im not dead set on it, just thats what 90% of the people who race say is better. If i knew i could get the same performance, i would much rather leave in first with a higher gearing that way i wouldnt lose much top end without the 6th gear.

By the way i guess the problem was my driving because i tried launching some more at alot higher rpm and it works great.