best way to set up for flat track

hitman44

so ive seen several different ways to set up my suspension for flat track and was woundering what would be the best way to go. I was at first thinking of just going with a lowering kit on stock shocks/arms, then i hear of the r6 rear shock and 300 ex fronts conversion (on stock arms and axle or aftermarket), but now are thinking of maby +2 suspension all the way around? I would like something thats going to work well but at the same time not going to break the bank? what is everyone else running and how is it working out for you? HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

You want low and wide. I would run +2 +1 a arms, with either 300ex shocks, or some shorter Marvin Shaws. The reason I say shaws for flat track, is they are air shocks. If your track is all left turns, you can bump up the nitrogen pressure in your right front shock to make that one stiffer. Or for a right turn track, bump up the nitrogen in the left front for the same effect. In the rear, the R6 shock is a common mod for flat track guys, or simply a lowering link with the stock Banshee rear.

Also, you might want to consider going with a -1 or -2 swinger for more traction, depending on what surface you are racing on. I know the ice and dirt circle track racing guys like the shorter swingers. Stock would probably be fine for asphalt. Usually no traction issues on the black stuff!

thanks, now with the -1 or -2 swingarm is that something you can buy or something you can do in your driveway? oh and the track is a 1/8 mile hard packed semi banked dirt

I would buy one. Give Tim at Stellar a call. He is a site sponsor on here, and can make you just about any style and size swingarm you want. He is the best in the business. 520-481-6946

I would buy one. Give Tim at Stellar a call. He is a site sponsor on here, and can make you just about any style and size swingarm you want. He is the best in the business. 520-481-6946

X2. You won't be disappointed getting one from Tim. And round house is the only way too go IMO :headbang: