Flywheel removal

Dazeys

When I bought my Banshee the flywheel was loose. The key was broke. I put in a new key and tighten it up. Last week I bought a Chariot timming plate and a new flywheel puller. I tried to install the plate, but the threads in the flywheel are messed up and the puller won't thread in. I run a auto shop and have just about any tool you can think of. If I don't have it I will the next time the tool truck comes. Anyone have any cool tricks to get it off without the use of the puller.

When I bought my Banshee the flywheel was loose. The key was broke. I put in a new key and tighten it up. Last week I bought a Chariot timming plate and a new flywheel puller. I tried to install the plate, but the threads in the flywheel are messed up and the puller won't thread in. I run a auto shop and have just about any tool you can think of. If I don't have it I will the next time the tool truck comes. Anyone have any cool tricks to get it off without the use of the puller.

Remember the threads are reversed. If thats not your problem you can always just weld the puller on the flywhell.

Edited by mia-shee

We had a guy take one off one time and he heated the end of the crank and around the middle if the flywheel all while taking a pry bar and putting pressure on the flywheel between it and the case. After he got it heated to his liking he started hitting the end of the crank sharply (with the nut on of course) and after about 3 hits it came right off. Of course this was on a motor that needed a rebuild but I don't see why you couldn't do it on any motor as long as you were extremely careful.

Edited by bigblockbanshee