What exhaust for my setup

I think fmf or pro circuits are fail safe pipes.Both work good for any kind of riding unless all out drag.I think a lot of people arent being reasonanblein their pipe request.I dont think a set of inframe drag pipe would be the hot set up for tight woods even if they can be made to work...just my opinion use common sense

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fmf or pro circuits are fail safe pipes.Both work good for any kind of riding unless all out drag.I think a lot of people arent being reasonanblein their pipe request.I dont think a set of inframe drag pipe would be the hot set up for tight woods even if they can be made to work...just my opinion use common sense

thanks i heard toomey hit harder at a low rpm and im sticking with that seen many dynos but like i said after 8500 rpm the cpi pull way ahead of them...but with stock cylinders you shouldnt reach 10000 rpm to get your max power.... ull be re building your engine every 2 years at that rate maybe even less

You seem to be using some really twisted logic here and are discrediting the suggestions from more knowledgeable and well respected members who actually have experience with this very comparison.

If you're going to create a topic asking what exhaust you should run for your set up maybe you should be prepared to listen to suggestions rather than relying on Trinity's falsified dyno charts to make such a decision and combat suggestions.

I would not run any of Toomey's pipes on anything other than a completely stock motor. I'm assuming you have porting to go along with your 4 mil? I would probably run pro circuits or PT mids if you want this lower rpm performance you're going on about.shrug03.gif

An exhaust has NOTHING to do with your engine life, the way you maintain it and the parts/builder you use will determine this.

You seem to be using some really twisted logic here and are discrediting the suggestions from more knowledgeable and well respected members who actually have experience with this very comparison.

If you're going to create a topic asking what exhaust you should run for your set up maybe you should be prepared to listen to suggestions rather than relying on Trinity's falsified dyno charts to make such a decision and combat suggestions.

I would not run any of Toomey's pipes on anything other than a completely stock motor. I'm assuming you have porting to go along with your 4 mil? I would probably run pro circuits or PT mids if you want this lower rpm performance you're going on about.shrug03.gif

An exhaust has NOTHING to do with your engine life, the way you maintain it and the parts/builder you use will determine this.

umm chill? and im not saying any exhaust does...but the are below t5 at 8500 rpm.... then at around 9k rpm they equal out and 9.5k they fall while cpi keep going...im not full out drag racing ... i dont want my exhaust to get its full power at such a high peak in rpm...t5 are meant for modded engines not sure what you are saying...yea ik cpi will beat t5 but at 9.5k rpm talked to alot of people on here and Roger at wicked atv says t5 is best for this kind of setup so im set know dont know why you gotta be so angryy everyone else is cool with me asking questions

Why would I be angry? shrug03.gif

You're still comparing the CPI and T5 in a flawed manner, what the others were trying to tell you is on a modded engine the CPI will make MORE power than the T5 SOONER than this 8500 rpm you're stuck on. I also don't understand how you took it that I didn't want you asking questions? I'm saying don't ask questions then argue otherwise like you knew in the first place, it's redundant. If you're going to ask legitimate questions to learn, PLEASE do so, learn from them.

I'm simply trying to get a point across to you in hopes of helping you, I would never find myself getting emotional over any post on an internet forum.

Take it how you will. shrug.gif

umm chill? and im not saying any exhaust does...but the are below t5 at 8500 rpm.... then at around 9k rpm they equal out and 9.5k they fall while cpi keep going...im not full out drag racing ... i dont want my exhaust to get its full power at such a high peak in rpm...t5 are meant for modded engines not sure what you are saying...yea ik cpi will beat t5 but at 9.5k rpm talked to alot of people on here and Roger at wicked atv says t5 is best for this kind of setup so im set know dont know why you gotta be so angryy everyone else is cool with me asking questions

The only merit to what you claim might be if you bolted both sets of pipes onto a completely stock banshee. If you plan on doing anything else to promote airflow-such as porting-the CPIs will pull harder than the Toomeys EVERYWHERE. I believe you fail to understand this. What I mean is...

3000rpm-lol, you need a 4 stroke if you ride in this range

5000rpm-hold on, both pipes are going to hit any moment

6000rpm-BOTH pipes are building steam.

7000rpm-CPIs are edging the T5s

8000rpm-CPIs are undeniably leading the T5s

9000rpm-CPIs are turning your knuckles white

9500rpm-T5s are signing off while the CPIs are still pulling your nutsack out through your butthole

The T5s are kind of a joke if you ask me. They are a bastard pipe that does excell in any area ("ooh man, they sound cool" does not count) Sounds like you want pro-circuits for low-mid setup. In fact, FMF fattys have been proven to pull on T5s by 2-3hp.

No offense man, but less than a month ago you didn't know how to determine the volume of your engine or how drive/driven sprocket sizes affect final gear ratios. Now you're telling me how pipes that I've experienced/owned perform? Now, don't get butt-hurt. Everyone learns from the beginning (there was a time in EVERY member's life where they didn't even know how to jet a carb). I strongly suggest you frequent the FOR SALE section of the sight and E-bay for a good deal on a used set of pipes (whatever pipes you choose). If you have the patience, you won't have to drop $500-$600 on pipes. This goes for suspension components, cool heads, carbs, timing plates, ect...

The only merit to what you claim might be if you bolted both sets of pipes onto a completely stock banshee. If you plan on doing anything else to promote airflow-such as porting-the CPIs will pull harder than the Toomeys EVERYWHERE. I believe you fail to understand this. What I mean is...

9500rpm-T5s are signing off while the CPIs are still pulling your nutsack out through your butthole

The T5s are kind of a joke if you ask me. They are a bastard pipe that does excell in any area ("ooh man, they sound cool" does not count) Sounds like you want pro-circuits for low-mid setup. In fact, FMF fattys have been proven to pull on T5s by 2-3hp.

No offense man, but less than a month ago you didn't know how to determine the volume of your engine or how drive/driven sprocket sizes affect final gear ratios. Now you're telling me how pipes that I've experienced/owned perform? Now, don't get butt-hurt. Everyone learns from the beginning (there was a time in EVERY member's life where they didn't even know how to jet a carb). I strongly suggest you frequent the FOR SALE section of the sight and E-bay for a good deal on a used set of pipes (whatever pipes you choose). If you have the patience, you won't have to drop $500-$600 on pipes. This goes for suspension components, cool heads, carbs, timing plates, ect...

im not telling you which pipe is beter its just what ive heard from banshee people on here... i wanted to hear from some other people.... i dont just all dune i trail a little too sorry if i offended you :/

X2, Well Said :headbang:

Since you said you trail ride and won't get into that high of rpm's, just get some PC's and be done with it. Me personally, I love my CPI's on my ported dune banshee.

Edited by 06specialedition

X2, Well Said :headbang:

Since you said you trail ride and won't get into that high of rpm's, just get some PC's and be done with it. Me personally, I love my CPI's on my ported dune banshee.

In my opinion T5's are garbage and there are better pipes in that power range if you want that kind of power delivery. If I was you and was riding trails, then I would aim for a low mid pipe like the pro circuits, pt mids , or fmf Gnarley. By no means do I feel the T5's have an advantage over the cpi's for lower end pull.

Snop I dont understand why you are always saying T5'S are junk? I agree that there are lots of good working pipes out there and I also understand you have done lots of dyno work with pipes and I have done that also. I personally run T5 pipes and have for years on both my bikes and I love them. They work great on my 4 mill. I have ran CPI pipes and didnt care for them. I am not saying they are junk but for the riding I do I didnt care for them. I think there are lots of pipes out there that work well but just becasue you dont like a pipe on your bike does not make it garbage.

Sounds like to me that just got banshee has made his mind up on wht pipes he wants and is just trying to find things to argue about lol.

4 mil crank with new gearing from the extra torque...vforce 3 reeds... k & n airfilters... wana keep stock carbs jet them... change the sprockets for more top end... cool head domes... porting... t5 or cpi i want a long lasting engine

I have a 4mil and have tried CPI's, T-5's and Fatty's on mine. The Fatty's worked best on my motor with it's particular porting...that being said, to say your motor is ported is extremely vague. Porting type, altitude, compression, primary intended use, and internal mods are all considerations to determine parts selection.

If you had a trail port, you would HATE CPI's but maybe prefer a 2 into 1 setup or something of comparable performance.

If you had a drag port, just about any pipe but CPI's or Shearers would hold you back. When they say that CPI's have good mid range, they mean good for a drag pipe...not even close to a Fatty or T-5.

I lost every race with CPI's over the one weekend I ran them. Every race. I win most races I get into and I run Fatty's. IMHO an underrated pipe that gets badmouthed by everyone that's never owned them. For me, they offer better low-mid-top end than the T-5's I ran for a month.

See, it's all about your components complimenting each other. When they work in harmony, you can beat a supposedly "higher performance" quad....sometime less is more!! There's vid in the viddy section to prove it!! :-)

As to the longevity question, I disagree with those that say the pipes won't make a difference. The reason I disagree is that you run the CPI's a couple thousand RPM higher than Fatty's or T-5's (to get that T-5's on steroids thing) and everyone knows that inertial loading and wear is increase relative to the square of RPM so if you can get it done at a lower RPM your motor will last longer...like mine has so far!!

It's easy to get caught up in the numbers game here but you have to remember that trails favor good, crisp throttle response with torque in the midrange. Running drag pipes doesn't make sense to get better performance for that 1% of the time it would be great to negatively impact the 99% of the time better midrange would suffer.

My $0.02.

Snop I dont understand why you are always saying T5'S are junk? I agree that there are lots of good working pipes out there and I also understand you have done lots of dyno work with pipes and I have done that also. I personally run T5 pipes and have for years on both my bikes and I love them. They work great on my 4 mill. I have ran CPI pipes and didnt care for them. I am not saying they are junk but for the riding I do I didnt care for them. I think there are lots of pipes out there that work well but just becasue you dont like a pipe on your bike does not make it garbage.

Sounds like to me that just got banshee has made his mind up on wht pipes he wants and is just trying to find things to argue about lol.

i dont want something to argue about...but like you said t5's arent junk and the guy below explaining the life spand of a motor

I have a 4mil and have tried CPI's, T-5's and Fatty's on mine. The Fatty's worked best on my motor with it's particular porting...that being said, to say your motor is ported is extremely vague. Porting type, altitude, compression, primary intended use, and internal mods are all considerations to determine parts selection.

If you had a trail port, you would HATE CPI's but maybe prefer a 2 into 1 setup or something of comparable performance.

If you had a drag port, just about any pipe but CPI's or Shearers would hold you back. When they say that CPI's have good mid range, they mean good for a drag pipe...not even close to a Fatty or T-5.

I lost every race with CPI's over the one weekend I ran them. Every race. I win most races I get into and I run Fatty's. IMHO an underrated pipe that gets badmouthed by everyone that's never owned them. For me, they offer better low-mid-top end than the T-5's I ran for a month.

See, it's all about your components complimenting each other. When they work in harmony, you can beat a supposedly "higher performance" quad....sometime less is more!! There's vid in the viddy section to prove it!! :-)

As to the longevity question, I disagree with those that say the pipes won't make a difference. The reason I disagree is that you run the CPI's a couple thousand RPM higher than Fatty's or T-5's (to get that T-5's on steroids thing) and everyone knows that inertial loading and wear is increase relative to the square of RPM so if you can get it done at a lower RPM your motor will last longer...like mine has so far!!

It's easy to get caught up in the numbers game here but you have to remember that trails favor good, crisp throttle response with torque in the midrange. Running drag pipes doesn't make sense to get better performance for that 1% of the time it would be great to negatively impact the 99% of the time better midrange would suffer.

My $0.02.

thankss for explaining it better... it didnt come to me clearly your saying the fmf fattys are better than the t5's?

CPI and T5's are aimed at the same power range, the CPI works better in that range. That is why T5's are junk. I dont run CPI pipes on my bike either, so that plays no role in my opinion of them. My opinion of them is based off of testing on the dyno and riding bikes that had the pipes on them. Right now I am at work sitting 30' feet away from a bike that has T5's on it, a bike that has CPI's on it, and a bike that has PT mids on it. I have ridden all three, and 2 of those bikes have had the competitors pipes on them at one point.

Bolting a set of CPI's on a bike that runs T5's will not get you a few extra thousand RPM on the same motor build just by doing a pipe swap.

Everybody is gonna have a opinion on pipes,always have always will.If somebody has a pipe in mind they will just search around until they get the kinds of reviews they want to hear,truth or not.I have personally played with the banshees since they arrived back on the scene and have seen all kinds of stuff come out over the years.It all comes down to what your trying to do with it.Most people laugh at the 2 into 1 pipes but they work for the intended purpose.just because a shee has a set of chrome huge R2 expansion chambers doesnt mean its gonna be ideal for one persons set up.I said it once and i will say it again,its hard to beat a set of fmfs fatties or pro circuits for a trail banshee or anything that short of drag.I dont care what dynos say as they are a tuning tool.Everybody has their preference,its always been that way.Banshees have never been known for their handling but we ride them anyway..lol