ElectroSport stators

• 3 months later...

Electrosport is sh*t... At least the stator I purchased from them was. After I installed the stator and reinstalled the flywheel I then proceeded to set the gap between the pickup coil and the nods on the flywheel. I tryed to loosen one of the phillips head bolts, which hold the pickup coil in place, and the head snapped off... wtf... So I then tryed to seperate the stator from the timing plate in order to put the electrosport stator on my timeing plate (which doesn't have a broken off bolt in it) and when I tryed to loosen the first of the three bolts its head snapped off... again wtf... Still waiting to see what Electrosport plans to do about this, but my advice would be just to by it from your dealer...

Edited by Thom6069

Electrosport is sh*t... At least the stator I purchased from them was. After I installed the stator and reinstalled the flywheel I then proceeded to set the gap between the pickup coil and the nods on the flywheel. I tryed to loosen one of the phillips head bolts, which hold the pickup coil in place, and the head snapped off... wtf... So I then tryed to seperate the stator from the timing plate in order to put the electrosport stator on my timeing plate (which doesn't have a broken off bolt in it) and when I tryed to loosen the first of the three bolts its head snapped off... again wtf... Still waiting to see what Electrosport plans to do about this, but my advice would be just to by it from your dealer...

You have to heat up small bolts that have loctite on them. Why would you loosen the screws to adjust the gap? I just bend it closer on the tab.

I am running a Electrosport 250w in my shee & it is switch over to DC too. I have had very good luck with it. But time will tell.

Next time try Righty tighty & Lefty Loosey LOL :rotflmao::rotflmao:

i PERSONALLY feel the biggest thing with the rickystator stators is they arent designed to rev past say 7000rpm's thats the top end miss you get they cannot make the a/cpower that the cdi needs to keep the coil running like it should ( i FEEL this is whats going on) after talking to sherider about hsi rewinding experiences and the lack of much wire in the RS stators and use of cheapo chinese shitwire ( i'm guessing) thats causing a drop in the available output of the cdi to the coil..

the gap will cause a miss at idle and at top end but usually its the pickup distance.. thats VERY important.. the pickup simply "pulses" to the cdi.. without enough power electrics go crazy very quickly..

i had a moose stator a long time ago never had a problem with it. didnt realy need the other lighting coil and honestly it was anoying trying to get 4 lights to all work with another regulator and bunch of extra wiring shit.

• 3 years later...