pre-post checklist for the newbs......

OK I have noticed that ALMOST everyday there is a new post about starting troubles. MOST of the time the first 5-10 replies are usually the same: What's your jetting?, altitude?, mods?, do you have fuel in it?, is the switch and key in the on position?, is the choke tube installed?, bowls on the right carbs? etc. etc.

The purpose of this post is a checklist to go through, and possibly identify the problem right off the bat. We were all new to Banshee's at one point, and have all had the same problems at one point. Let's make kind of a one-stop trouble shooting page for the usual hard to start, and other problems associated with the banshee.

Im somewhat new to banshees myself, but not to 2-strokes, so any helpful input is welcome.

Im definitely NOT trying to demean anybody's intelligence by any means... this is just stuff that can be easily overlooked.

KEY AND KILL-SWITCH IN THE ON POSTION

PLENTY OF GOOD CLEAN FUEL

GOOD SPARK/CLEAN PLUGS/GOOD PLUG CHOP/CORRECTLY GAPED

CLEAN CARBS

CLEAN FILTER

CHOKE TUBE INSTALLED

DID YOU TAKE APART THE CARBS, AND IF SO, ARE YOU SURE YOU GOT THE BOWLS BACK ON THE CORRECT CARBS

HAVE GOOD COMPRESSION

HAVE AN AIR-LEAK (there are instructions on how to build your own, and i also sell them if you dont wanna make your own)

NORMALLY MOST NEW BANSHEE OWNERS ARE STILL UNDER THE BOOST BOTTLE SPELL (has your boost bottle cracked your intakes YET?)

CARBS SYNCED

Once you check these essential trouble shooting items included in your first post should be items to include

MODS

JETTING

ELEVATION

WHEN DID YOUR ISSUES START

RESULTS OF THE ABOVE CHECKLIST (CAUSE IF NOT, THEY ARE THE FIRST QUESTIONS WE'LL ASK)

RESULTS OF PLUG CHOP

Surely i forgot some items, feel free to post any additional items.

OK I have noticed that ALMOST everyday there is a new post about starting troubles. MOST of the time the first 5-10 replies are usually the same: What's your jetting?, altitude?, mods?, do you have fuel in it?, is the switch and key in the on position?, is the choke tube installed?, bowls on the right carbs? etc. etc.

The purpose of this post is a checklist to go through, and possibly identify the problem right off the bat. We were all new to Banshee's at one point, and have all had the same problems at one point. Let's make kind of a one-stop trouble shooting page for the usual hard to start, and other problems associated with the banshee.

Im somewhat new to banshees myself, but not to 2-strokes, so any helpful input is welcome.

Im definitely NOT trying to demean anybody's intelligence by any means... this is just stuff that can be easily overlooked.

KEY AND KILL-SWITCH IN THE ON POSTION

PLENTY OF GOOD CLEAN FUEL

GOOD SPARK/CLEAN PLUGS/GOOD PLUG CHOP/CORRECTLY GAPED

CLEAN CARBS

CLEAN FILTER

CHOKE TUBE INSTALLED

DID YOU TAKE APART THE CARBS, AND IF SO, ARE YOU SURE YOU GOT THE BOWLS BACK ON THE CORRECT CARBS

HAVE GOOD COMPRESSION

HAVE AN AIR-LEAK (there are instructions on how to build your own, and i also sell them if you dont wanna make your own)

NORMALLY MOST NEW BANSHEE OWNERS ARE STILL UNDER THE BOOST BOTTLE SPELL (has your boost bottle cracked your intakes YET?)

CARBS SYNCED

Once you check these essential trouble shooting items included in your first post should be items to include

MODS

JETTING

ELEVATION

WHEN DID YOUR ISSUES START

RESULTS OF THE ABOVE CHECKLIST (CAUSE IF NOT, THEY ARE THE FIRST QUESTIONS WE'LL ASK)

RESULTS OF PLUG CHOP

Surely i forgot some items, feel free to post any additional items.

lol......i don't think guys want to build an airleak........but they might want to build a LEAK-DOWN TESTER, haha.......anywhoo, it is a good draft, imo. perhaps, the final draft could be worded a little more warm-welcoming, and include links/pics....... i have some good ones saved i can add later, which points out every little thing in the carbs(stock) A for effort :cheers:

yeah maybe some pics of what the choke tube is..... when mine didnt exist, i didnt know what i was looking for.... ha ha it was a situation like "how do i check to see if something isnt there, if i dont know its supposed to be there in the first place? lets get this thing squared away, like i was saying in the shoutbox the other night, i think it would help out alo of people. hell they just might fix whats wrong in the first place

yes........and you can get a mod to keep it clean.........at page 3, or4, i'm very reluctant to open a thread

...... i'm still working on organizing my photobucket, so pics don't disappear once i post them.

ok pm me when you got everything squared away, and well get some pics up. its difficult explaining where stuff is...