What size paddle to run 300ft

kolb02

I need to get a set of paddles for the 300ft drags! Our track is all sand so it's kinda heavey, thats what I hear from other racers. I haven't been to any other sand drags to tell the difference. My bike weighs 300lbs and is a 421 cub drag ported by RDZ. It is on Meth, and I will be running a wheelie bar. What kind, type, rollout of paddle do you guys think I should run? I ran 4.4's on gas and no wheelie bar last year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each bike is different. I have ran 73 Ro 14 extremes on my 4mm cub. Worked pretty good but i weigh 165ibs so I spun them like crazy. So now I have a set of 78 ro 14 staggered extremes on a 10" rim they seem to be working better for my weight. I'd go with the 73 Ro 14 extremes best all around tire IMO, Also works great with many motor combo's. Shayne is right it all depends on your bike setup as well. You gearing type of chassis mods and overall weight

Edited by LilJockey481

Each bike is different. I have ran 73 Ro 14 extremes on my 4mm cub. Worked pretty good but i weigh 165ibs so I spun them like crazy. So now I have a set of 78 ro 14 staggered extremes on a 10" rim they seem to be working better for my weight. I'd go with the 73 Ro 14 extremes best all around tire IMO, Also works great with many motor combo's. Shayne is right it all depends on your bike setup as well. You gearing type of chassis mods and overall weight

I weigh 170. I wil change my gearing if I need to. Which one should I do?

if its a heavy track I would probably go with the 73 ro 14 extreams......

the staggerd paddles seem to work better in the fluffy dry sand.....

Our sand is pretty heavey in my opinion. It's always moist and wet for some reason. What size tire is the 73 ro 14 extremes? And what size rim should I run?

I was using a 78 rollout 14 extreme staggard on my 4mill last season. Seemed faster that my 72ish roll out rippers that i was using. Where i race is heavy course sand and it seems to like more paddle and less gear. Ill be using a new setup this year so ill be starting over again. Lol

I was using a 78 rollout 14 extreme staggard on my 4mill last season. Seemed faster that my 72ish roll out rippers that i was using. Where i race is heavy course sand and it seems to like more paddle and less gear. Ill be using a new setup this year so ill be starting over again. Lol

Well shoot, 78 ro 14 extreme staggard or 73 ro 14 extremes?

do you know anyone that has either and would let you borrow them?

that is what i did. paddle tires are really expensive, especially the staggards.

Thanks for all your help! I don't know anyone that has the staggards. I think I will start with the 73 ro 14's.