Billet Water Pump Covers & Impeller

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How deep are the water pump covers? I'm not talking about the actual impeller cover, just the piece that attaches to the outside with 3 bolts. I purchased a ultra high flow impeller kit and my stock cover wouldn't fit even with taking the heat-reflective tape out nor would 2 aftermarket billet pieces. It's gotta be at least 1" deep IMO to fit over the impeller cover and that's kinda hard to find.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

The insert for the clutch cover and matching water pump cover like shown in ur pick.

I don't sell the insert for the lock up cover just the water pump cover, i just put a pic of the clutch cover just to show the water pump cover.. I sold that lock up cover..

Big block the cover is 3/4in it should work, did you buy a chariot high flow impeller

I don't sell the insert for the lock up cover just the water pump cover, i just put a pic of the clutch cover just to show the water pump cover.. I sold that lock up cover..

Big block the cover is 3/4in it should work, did you buy a chariot high flow impeller

Ya it was a Chariot kit from eBay. The last billet cover I tried was 7/8 and it still wouldn't work. That's what my concern was mainly.

Ya I saw that but when I read that the stock cover would fit by removing the tape from the inside I opted to get only the impeller and impeller cover only to find that even the billet covers that I've tried aren't working either. So I realize now that I should've gotten the whole kit from Chariot. I'll let you know soon if I want one or not. I've already got too much money tied up in billet covers and need to sell some before I buy anything else.