Shee problems

fargo_182

Took out the Banshee last night, and was riding a trail, came up to a stop and was slowing down. I had the clutch pulled in, and heard this big gear clunk, and the engine stalled to stop.

We tried turning the motor over, and it did run, when clutch engaged. But now clutch will not work. It is stuck in a high gear, but the shifter seems to be working?

With the shifter it feels like we are getting into neutral, but the tires will not move freely.

Before I start ripping it apart, what you guys think? Should I be ripping the whole bottom end apart?

how long did you hold your clutch in for? you might have welded the clutch ball. not 100% sure. but that would be the first place i would look at. some one with more experience will shime in.

Edited by love2ride06shee

Took out the Banshee last night, and was riding a trail, came up to a stop and was slowing down. I had the clutch pulled in, and heard this big gear clunk, and the engine stalled to stop.

We tried turning the motor over, and it did run, when clutch engaged. But now clutch will not work. It is stuck in a high gear, but the shifter seems to be working?

With the shifter it feels like we are getting into neutral, but the tires will not move freely.

Before I start ripping it apart, what you guys think? Should I be ripping the whole bottom end apart?

I think you should start ripping it apart to find out what the problem is before you make matters worse.

A loud clunk in the bottomend means something is not in it's oringinal location & should be checked out ASAP.

Just my .02 :confused:

I think you should start ripping it apart to find out what the problem is before you make matters worse.

A loud clunk in the bottomend means something is not in it's oringinal location & should be checked out ASAP.

Just my .02 :confused:

Yeah, I didn't ride it once it happened. There is no way it can be ridden.

I just didn't know if I should start with the clutch, or if I'm gonna have to pull the engine and rip it all down. I'm just happy the engine didn't blow.

Yeah, I didn't ride it once it happened. There is no way it can be ridden.

I just didn't know if I should start with the clutch, or if I'm gonna have to pull the engine and rip it all down. I'm just happy the engine didn't blow.

start with the easy stuff first and work your way in from there. if you don't have a manual i would highly recomend you to get one. we can all tell you what we think it could be, but until you get in there and see what is going on we wont know for sure. so get your hands dirty and let us know what you find. good luck