building a mild drag bike

ironmike

i am putting together a 2002 banshee with 12over swing cuz got good deal on it going to make it rigid and cutting all bars out of frame but want be able to do much to motor at this time so can some of you guys tell me how to make as much power as i can with out getting in to motor at this time and what would be a good tire to run thank you for any help

If you're not getting into the motor, you ain't ever gonna need a +12 swingarm. There are some bolt ons that will help, but I don't think you can even get 50hp with just bolt ons. As far as tire selection: what kind of racing surface?

ya i didnt think i did need 12 over but it was free i am racing in dirt i will be doing motor just not now i will be doing a 4 mill if we get snow will be doing it soon thank you

ohtsu radials are a great drag tire..they came stock on older honda 400ex's.. they work great on quads with under 80hp..you can buy them through a honda dealer. only size they come in is 20x10X9. another option would be get some snowmobile ice picks to install. i have never used them. they are not legal where i race. your going to need alot of tire tryin to hook hard with +12 on a stock frame.

Just my 2 cents but if your planing on doing some serious racing I'd be looking into a +6 or. I have found a cool head, advance, the timing and a set of cpi sb inframes. Eventual drag porting and 35mm pwk's. Will be necessary to go to alky. An over ride trans, Good clutch like the F.A.S.T one billet basket recommended. And a lock up and cover. This is a set up I've seen used a # of times usually nets you a 4.1 - a 4.30's bike depending on rider ability and size. Thats in 300 sand. I hope thats a little help.

i am putting together a 2002 banshee with 12over swing cuz got good deal on it going to make it rigid and cutting all bars out of frame but want be able to do much to motor at this time so can some of you guys tell me how to make as much power as i can with out getting in to motor at this time and what would be a good tire to run thank you for any help

it will never be fast unless ritchie or simpson rides it.

What kind of money you looking to spend on a turnkey motor? Or what class are you going to run?

I guess I should have asked this as well earlier on.

well to tell you the truth dont know all that yet if i sale my camper i was thinking $2500 for motor but cant do anything now but put something together to play with

well to tell you the truth dont know all that yet if i sale my camper i was thinking $2500 for motor but cant do anything now but put something together to play with

So you're probly lookin for a cub in the $2k range. A +6-8 swingarm is probly better suited.