affects of changing sprockets.

Gummie_guy

im going to be ordering new sprockets and a chain and just had a few questions before i do.

searched around on here and found that dropping one tooth on the front will make it more "torquey" but shorten the length of the gear you are in, the same with going three tooths bigger in the back.

now my main question i guess is about how much would dropping one in the front shorten each gear? will it have a significant impact on it where i would want to keep the stock gearing? or would it just be slightly shorter?

in theory i would get quicker but lose some top end speed, which i have yet to hit 6th pinned.

and what about dropping one up front and gaining three in the back?

i ride mostly trails some tighter areas and then some open ones and my shee is supposedly .040 (i have yet to check for sure but thats what the PO told me) with pipes and kn intake without a lid on the airbox and a boost bottle. i want to say thats all the mods on it.

any info on sprockets is helpful.

stock gearing works well. droping the front sproket on the front SUCKS on my "trail bikes" i always liked going BIGGER on the front sproket. but my trail motors are pretty stought.. my last one i liked 15/38 it also worked well with 15/41 but thats just me..

well, i just went for it and ordered a 13t front sprocket. if i dont like it ill swap back and try and sell this one for half price lol.

its always nice to keep some spare sprockets in your toolbox. Never know when a tooth might break off, especially if you dont know how to tighten your chain correctly... right Cam? :rotflmao: