air screws

easy03

hey uall got a problem. first time postie long time reader. 03 shee boggs hittin powerband, plugs r wet. 27.5 pilot 270 main, elevation 1500, bout 40 degrees. mods r t6 exhuast, hemi head, toomey 2n1 air filter (very small). was wonderin if i could adjust the air screw to lean it out. any idears?

hey uall got a problem. first time postie long time reader. 03 shee boggs hittin powerband, plugs r wet. 27.5 pilot 270 main, elevation 1500, bout 40 degrees. mods r t6 exhuast, hemi head, toomey 2n1 air filter (very small). was wonderin if i could adjust the air screw to lean it out. any idears?

You can try raising the clips on the needles a notch or two (this would be positions 2 or 1 counting down from the top of the needles). The air bleeder screws wont have much effect going from mid to high throttle. The needle controls the middle and has significant overlap into the high (and low) ranges. You may need to richen your bleeder screws to compensate for the leaner needle settings.

I wound go up a couple sizes on your mains at that temp and altitude

X2. Try the needle on the 2nd clip down from the blunt end. Or drop your main one and see how it feels.

Go down one at a time...don't want to run too lean.

:headbang:

thanks for the reply but i pulled the carb and it was on the second (from top) so tried the first and it still spits and sputters when the bands kick in at full thottle. plugs r still wet so figuring on buying 240-260 and see what happens?

thanks for the reply but i pulled the carb and it was on the second (from top) so tried the first and it still spits and sputters when the bands kick in at full thottle. plugs r still wet so figuring on buying 240-260 and see what happens?

I was thinking you should be at around. 290 on your mains at that temp or maybe even 300. Iam at the same altitude and I run 300 withe pro circuits during the winter

I was thinking you should be at around. 290 on your mains at that temp or maybe even 300. Iam at the same altitude and I run 300 withe pro circuits during the winter

yeah i was thinkin that. seems like its not gettin enough fuel at full when the bands kick in. it aint like the plugs r gonna b bone dry. thanks

u were right put a 300 in and still lean. goin for 310-330 tomar.

Hey Easy03,

I think Special Ed ( :rolleyes: JK man I couldn't resist) and I were assuming you got those wet plugs under the right conditions. If you look at my sig., I'm at a slightly lower elevation than you (900ft), but you said a "very small" filter and wet plugs.

You should be a notch above where I'm at on your mains jetting. See my sig. (I just switched to my winter jetting mains = 300) If you go with 27.5 pilots, needle clips in the 4th position and 310 mains this time of year, all you'll need to do when the weather warms up is drop your mains to 290 for the summer and tweak your air bleed screws open 1/4 turn.

Do a plug chop to confirm but I guarantee you'll be right on the doorstep - maybe a hair rich (that's a good thing).

Edited by muggzy

Hey Easy03,

I think Special Ed ( :rolleyes: JK man I couldn't resist) and I were assuming you got those wet plugs under the right conditions. If you look at my sig., I'm at a slightly lower elevation than you (900ft), but you said a "very small" filter and wet plugs.

You should be a notch above where I'm at on your mains jetting. See my sig. (I just switched to my winter jetting mains = 300) If you go with 27.5 pilots, needle clips in the 4th position and 310 mains this time of year, all you'll need to do when the weather warms up is drop your mains to 290 for the summer and tweak your air bleed screws open 1/4 turn.

Do a plug chop to confirm but I guarantee you'll be right on the doorstep - maybe a hair rich (that's a good thing).

yea im a ratard. didnt do the full thottle test then shut down the engine and let it roll to a stop. :shootself: thanks for the info i thought it was a little lean in the summer. but im new to this stuff. soon to be a veteran on those tors though!

prom dresses

When planning a wedding,prom dresses today’s couples would like the marriage celebration to be an expression not only of their strong commitment to each other, but to also be a reflection of their values and personal style.

wedding dresses

Every detail wedding dresses of that special day is carefully considered and each decision projects a certain image of the bride and groom-to-be as well as of the event itself.

wedding gowns

Things have changed for the mothers of prospective brides and grooms.wedding gowns A decade ago, weddings were planned primarily by the bride and her mother, with the groom and his family playing supporting roles.

wedding dresses

Now, as more brides and grooms plan and pay for their own weddings without parental help,wedding dresses and with more couples inviting both sets of parents to participate fully, the moms are confused about their roles.