New motor what pipes

Getting a new she on saturday and its been bored .30 with stock head, 35mm pwk kiehin carbs, stock air box with lid cut, k&n air filter, vf3 reeds with aluminum intake boots.

Its coming with fmf sst gold sieres pipes and powercoreII silencers.

I do alot of trial riding and some open corn fields and dirt roads. I wanna get the best pipe for my riding. Are these pipes going to be good or should I go with a woods pipe like pc or pt mids?

i would first swap the carbs out for some 28's or 30's, and it will do better, then worry about the pipes after......the sst's will work fine, but, of course, i like pc's. sst's are a real wide band pipe, like t-6's but much better if you mod much. i'd say start with just the carbs, and see how you like them.....

i would first swap the carbs out for some 28's or 30's, and it will do better, then worry about the pipes after......the sst's will work fine, but, of course, i like pc's. sst's are a real wide band pipe, like t-6's but much better if you mod much. i'd say start with just the carbs, and see how you like them.....

The SST is going to make a horrible trail pipe. That is FMF's top end pipe. You want something focused lower in the rpm range. FMF Gnarley, Pro Circuits, PT Mids, etc.....

X2. Those 35's are prob killing that bike. Get some 28's or even some stockers.

well that depends on the trails....if you just ride woods and such, then the gnarley will work better for grunt, but the sst is the wide-band....so it has good off idle, increased mid, and even pulls overrev........i don't think it will suck in trails as much as the carbs...

Getting a new she on saturday and its been bored .30 with stock head, 35mm pwk kiehin carbs, stock air box with lid cut, k&n air filter, vf3 reeds with aluminum intake boots.

Its coming with fmf sst gold sieres pipes and powercoreII silencers.

I do alot of trial riding and some open corn fields and dirt roads. I wanna get the best pipe for my riding. Are these pipes going to be good or should I go with a woods pipe like pc or pt mids?

Go back to the stock carbs. I've always loved the paul turners for trail riding.

well that depends on the trails....if you just ride woods and such, then the gnarley will work better for grunt, but the sst is the wide-band....so it has good off idle, increased mid, and even pulls overrev........i don't think it will suck in trails as much as the carbs...

Hey guys all I can say is wow! I rode it for the first time today and should of rode it before i made this post. This quad rippps.

I think Im going to keep the carbs and pipes and leave the shee the way it is. I rode 1st - 2nd thru the woods and was a beast on the pipe, then as soon as we got to the field.. see yaaaaa. I smoked my buddys 450r and ltz450. My 99 shee isnt anything compared to this one.

But I did suck thru 4 gallons of gas in 3hrs