question for guys with 2 into 1 intake and Snop ?

bellracing2

what jetting are you at and whats your setup ( pipes , and airbox ) ? I am just curious as I am at a 55 pilot and still going up . I have a pj34 and 2 into 1 pipe and 2 into 1 exhaust . thanks

What needle you running in it. More than likely you have the wrong one in there.

195 main, 42 pilot, eek or eej needle, 1.5-2 turns on the air screw. Run that on a ported 350 and tweak maybe 1 main jet size and needle clip position for the ported 4 mill.

What needle you running in it. More than likely you have the wrong one in there.

195 main, 42 pilot, eek or eej needle, 1.5-2 turns on the air screw. Run that on a ported 350 and tweak maybe 1 main jet size and needle clip position for the ported 4 mill.

will the needle effect the pilot circuit ? I cant get it to sustain an idle with the 55 pilot the a/s is all the way in . I was gonna get a 58 tomorrow . this is a stock motor . I believe the needle is a dek or deg 4th from the top . the mid range and top end pull real good . 190 main is where I am at also with an open pod filter right now

will the needle effect the pilot circuit ? I cant get it to sustain an idle with the 55 pilot the a/s is all the way in . I was gonna get a 58 tomorrow . this is a stock motor . I believe the needle is a dek or deg 4th from the top . the mid range and top end pull real good . 190 main is where I am at also with an open pod filter right now

look at the needle and tell me what it is.

100% stock motor , dynoport 2 into 1 pipe , and 2 into 1 carb with 34 pj , pod filter . roughly 1000ft. elevation . thanks for the help !

I would put an eek needle in it and start in the center clip position. Try a 42-45 pilot jet with a/f screw at 1.5 turns out to start.

I imagine you have a lul in power right off the bottom right now. Thats not going to go away as long as you have that dynoport pipe on it. I would kick the single intake setup to the curb too.

I would put an eek needle in it and start in the center clip position. Try a 42-45 pilot jet with a/f screw at 1.5 turns out to start.

I imagine you have a lul in power right off the bottom right now. Thats not going to go away as long as you have that dynoport pipe on it. I would kick the single intake setup to the curb too.

no lul in power , performs just like the single pipe stock carb setup I had last yr . I was just questioning the BIG pilot . right now I am at a 60 pilot , and it revs up real crisp and comes right back to idle . does not hang up at all and idles great with a/s @ 1 turn out . I was wondering though if I switch to the eek needle will it effect the pilot circuit any so I can run a smaller pilot . there are no air leaks , already tested for that + it ran great with the stock carbs + stock pipes . just seems the pilot I have to run to make it idle properly is alot bigger then anyone elses setup. I had a 45 in it and it would not idle at all , I have had every step up from that intil I started to see the a/s making a difference when the 55 -58 pilots were in it . then it would idle with the a/s all the way in . It took the 60 pilot before I could take the a/s out 1 turn and still idle good . any thoughts as to why ? are the pj 34's that much different then the pwk 35's ?

i had the cel needle in my single carb set up,i ran the 35pwk though.single carb set ups hit hard when properly dialed in,i loved mine.Too bad i sold that banshee.i think i was around a 185 main or so and 52 pilot?not exactly sure but it took a lot of trial and error to get it dialed in,but jeeting changes are so much easier with the single carb,perfect for being lazy..lol i heard all kinds of wish wash and BS from naysayers claiming you lose top end with single carb and yada yada ya but unless you have a drag port motor or dont know when to shift you wont notice it.this is from my personal experience.Been tuning b4 half of these yoyos were even born...

i had the cel needle in my single carb set up,i ran the 35pwk though.single carb set ups hit hard when properly dialed in,i loved mine.Too bad i sold that banshee.i think i was around a 185 main or so and 52 pilot?not exactly sure but it took a lot of trial and error to get it dialed in,but jeeting changes are so much easier with the single carb,perfect for being lazy..lol i heard all kinds of wish wash and BS from naysayers claiming you lose top end with single carb and yada yada ya but unless you have a drag port motor or dont know when to shift you wont notice it.this is from my personal experience.Been tuning b4 half of these yoyos were even born...

CEL is a double carb needle for pwk's on a banshee. That should have been in no way the right size if you were actually running that size main jet and pilot jet.

As for as the single losing top-end hp over the duals, it is true. I have dyno tested almost a 5hp difference between the two carbs setups on the top end. This was also on a motor built for low-mid power. Riding the bike you can tell a huge difference. On my motor that was about a 8% difference in power output. Single carb setups dont make any noticeable low end torque gains. Its a noticeable gain in throttle response. The bike reacts a little quicker right off the bottom.