rebuilt carbs, air box mod, and repacked silencers...

sootman73

Wow she screams now! gives me that rush like my first ride on it again! LMAO i'm gonna put a 14 tooth sprocket on it and see what happens but with all the new foudn power i might want to keep the top speed! (buddies 700 raptor tops out at about 83) gotta be able to pass him! LOL

But now i have another problem. Yesterday i went to start it to ride over to my gf's house and nothing. wouldn't even hiccup. Its getting fuel, possibly too much, but its getting there. It has spark because i pulled both spark plugs (brand new plugs) and layed them on the pipes and kicked it. spark in both plugs. Why wont it start? the only thing i can think of now is compression.....?

Today i had a buddy come over and pull start it. took nearly half a mile of it spinning to get it running. It would fire but die, fire and die. so we kept pulling it until it would stay running on its own. had plenty of power after that and i rode it for about 10 minutes after it warmed up. Didn't have a chance to see if it would fire again after i was done but i'm gonna try it when i get off work tonight.

does a compression issue sound viable? i'm gonna try to run a check on it tonight and see what it actually is. i'm guessing take both plugs out, put the tester on the one, kick it over a few times to get the highest reading, and then be done?

thanks guys!