Should you stagger jet or is there a problem?

Killswitch69

Those are them,installed boot to boot i get around 5.5 on the norm

I checked out like 5 or 6 old OEM caps I had and not one could I get to read on my Fluke meter and I was testing from the pin on the cap to the plug clip. Why would these read OL, but if you put them on the coil the bike runs? I tested these caps by running 12vdc through them and the voltage was cut down to 3vdc. Is this typical of the stock caps? How is it possible that I can't get a an ohm reading but it still passes voltage?

------- INFO

The stock plug cap is a 5k resistor type.

------- QUESTIONS

Have you verified that you have spark? (remove the plugs from the cylinders and kick the bike over while grounding the plugs out on the head)

• Then if that's good did you remove the cap and try it with just the coil wire ends?

Is the TORS connected? (disconnect the little black box w/ a 3-wire connector mounted on the upper-left front cross-member of the frame just under the front of the gas tank)

Are the coil wires on the correct terminals? (ORANGE (+) & BLACK (-))

------- TESTING

--- PICKUP COIL

First check the Pickup Coil gap it should be between .015 - .020 (about the thickness of a matchbook cover)

--- PRI COIL

Test the primary coil resistance between the 2 blade connectors on the coil you should get .28 ~ .38 Ohms

If the primary tests bad, replace the coil

--- SEC COIL

Test the secondary coil resistance between each of the blade connectors and the corresponding plug wire; each one should be between 4.7 ~ 7.1 Ohms

If the secondary tests bad, remove the spark plug boots and test without them.

If the secondary tests good, replace the spark plug boots.

If the secondary still tests bad, replace the coil.

--- STATOR

If both of these are good check the stator next:

Disconnect the magneto connector (4-wire; GREEN, RED, WHITE/RED, WHITE/GREEN) and check the resistance between the GREEN and RED you should get between 13.7 ~ 20.5 Ohms

If the stator tests bad, replace the stator assembly.