flywheel

bansheeboi

ok i lube it with the right oil got on impact and the damn flywheel still wont come off the nut on the flywheel puller keeps stripping out this is my third puller im going to make an account and post pics not sure of who had motor before me but it looks like i might be stuck with this and cant get it to come off to open case

Make sure your threading the puller into the flywheel as far as possible.

...which means, you need to back out the push bolt in the puller, and crank it into the flywheel as hard as you can, mabey even back out and clean the threads again and crank it back. when you crank the push bolt in, use a wrench on the puller, not the flywheel, or it could back back out. get some good pressure on it, and first hit the end of the puller strait in, mabey holding the flywheel a little, but not prying on it. if that doesn't pop it, then put a torch on the puller, and the heat should transfer into the flywheel first, and try everything again.

This worked like a charm on my bike the first time. I haven't had to do it again. Don't put heat on the crank. This will expand it and make it tighter in the flywheel.

lol..u guys crack me up on here!...i didnt say take a fucin torch to it put a lil heat on it and it wont make the crank expand neither it will pop off if they used any type of lok tight!..but like i said if it welded to the crank get the zawzaw out..

This worked like a charm on my bike the first time. I haven't had to do it again. Don't put heat on the crank. This will expand it and make it tighter in the flywheel.

high heat on the puller will heat the flywheel, not the crank......newb.

people have been welding the puller on the banshee flywheel for 20years, as a last resort, and it works......if you can lay a good weld in a timely manner. the heat will transfer to the flywheel faster than a torch. another thing you can do, if it refuses, is drill the flywheel along the taper. this will relax it some

high heat on the puller will heat the flywheel, not the crank......newb.

people have been welding the puller on the banshee flywheel for 20years, as a last resort, and it works......if you can lay a good weld in a timely manner. the heat will transfer to the flywheel faster than a torch. another thing you can do, if it refuses, is drill the flywheel along the taper. this will relax it some

good info!..

lol..u guys crack me up on here!...i didnt say take a fucin torch to it put a lil heat on it and it wont make the crank expand neither it will pop off if they used any type of lok tight!..but like i said if it welded to the crank get the zawzaw out..

I didn't say anything about not heating the flywheel. I agree with that 100 percent. I just said don't heat the crank. What do you think that welding the puller on the flywheel does??????? Heats up the flywheel not the crank. Don't bust my balls for trying to give a little advice. Please.

Edited by fastquad02blaster