what kind of shocks are these?

benb5241

Yeah painted works colors thats probably why the person before me thought they were works, and I mistakenly took them for it too, although I thought they were old as hell works. I'm not really out anything though if they aren't because they came with the quad. Anyways, here is the picture of the top mount, I don't have the shocks at the moment so I couldn't get a picture of the seal head.

shockmount.jpg

Edited by benb5241

No one has any idea what kind of shocks these are besides Matt?

I am almost 100% sure they are Chinese made shocks. I've been scouring the manufacturers for the last couple days trying to find an exact match, but I've had no luck. Odds are you won't be able to get parts for them, but you never know. If you don't need to run them, I'd like to take a look at them, and see if parts are interchangeable with any other aftermarket company's shocks.

Thanks so much guys I really appreciate the input. Now the task at hand is to find some parts to rebuild them or find someone who can. They leak are leaking real bad and bottom out very easily. The shafts look good so I hope I'm good there. Other than that idk what else needs to be done. Thanks again.

Hit Matt up he does great work the one who commented on these first he does great work he just finished up a set of my axis shocks. Upgraded everything he needed to to modern day stuff to rebuild sure he can do the same w them ohlins if they dnt have the parts. And btw thoes aren't bad shocks for trail riding defiently better then works. So dnt feel bad.

Thanks so much guys I really appreciate the input. Now the task at hand is to find some parts to rebuild them or find someone who can. They leak are leaking real bad and bottom out very easily. The shafts look good so I hope I'm good there. Other than that idk what else needs to be done. Thanks again.

Now that we know they're Ohlins... Parts MAY be available for them. Ohlins hasn't changed they're internal design in probably 15 years. The only thing that MIGHT need to be changed is the seal head. If you want, I can take a look at them, and get something to work.