Banshee Screw/Nut/Bolt Kit Available?

Xhumeka

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere - I ran some searches but came up dry.

I've been meaning to replace a couple missing screws that my Banshee has vibrated off, but instead of ordering 2 or 3 at a time and paying shipping each time I need one, I was hoping there was a screw/nut/bolt kit available for the Banshee... does anyone know of one that they can link me to?

I have a hard time paying $1 plus shipping for a screw - why can't manufacturers use STANDARD sizes that can be replaced by visiting a hardware store? No need to answer, I know exactly why :P

The screws I'm in need of right now are the stock exhaust heat-shield screws, and the ones that attach part of the foot-peg assembly to the fender (see attached pics with RED circles).

Thanks in advance guys!

-Xhum

banshee_screws.jpg

If you only need those why not go to a hardware store??? If not buy a complete bolt kit or something. I got mine from M&M atv. They are a site sponsor here. The bolt kit is like every single bolt/nut/screw you need.

Thanks, I'll check out that bolt kit.

I spent this past weekend visiting 4 different hardware stores, and NONE of them carry the correct size and thread pitch. I was willing to cut the screws if they were too long, but I can't even find the right size! The manufacturers do this on purpose I'm sure, so they can charge crazy amounts for replacements.

I picked mine up on ebay for around 3$0-$40. That was before i started dealing with RJATV.

Well worth very penny. It's use most things in the kit. Plus, it's nice to get rid of phillips screws for a bolt you can put a nice socket on.

good thread :headbang:

I picked mine up on ebay for around 3$0-$40. That was before i started dealing with RJATV.

Well worth very penny. It's use most things in the kit. Plus, it's nice to get rid of phillips screws for a bolt you can put a nice socket on.

good thread :headbang:

Thanks guys! Do you have a link by chance? I'm not sure if you guys mean RJATV or RMATV - both have sites and both have Banshee parts. I couldn't seem to find a metric kit on RJATV though - Rocky Mountain I found this kit... is this what you were referring to?

Tusc 236 Piece Metric ATV Bolt Kit @ Rocky Mountain

Thanks guys! Do you have a link by chance? I'm not sure if you guys mean RJATV or RMATV - both have sites and both have Banshee parts. I couldn't seem to find a metric kit on RJATV though - Rocky Mountain I found this kit... is this what you were referring to?

Tusc 236 Piece Metric ATV Bolt Kit @ Rocky Mountain

Thats the one. Shoot me a pm anytime if you need anything.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere - I ran some searches but came up dry.

I've been meaning to replace a couple missing screws that my Banshee has vibrated off, but instead of ordering 2 or 3 at a time and paying shipping each time I need one, I was hoping there was a screw/nut/bolt kit available for the Banshee... does anyone know of one that they can link me to?

I have a hard time paying $1 plus shipping for a screw - why can't manufacturers use STANDARD sizes that can be replaced by visiting a hardware store? No need to answer, I know exactly why :P

The screws I'm in need of right now are the stock exhaust heat-shield screws, and the ones that attach part of the foot-peg assembly to the fender (see attached pics with RED circles).

Thanks in advance guys!

-Xhum

banshee_screws.jpg

I think you need to find a better hardware store as I have been able to get all the bolts I have needed for my Banshee at the local ACE hardware. The only one I can't get there are the swingarm and A arm and the long motor mount bolts. Yes the bolt you want to go through the plastic is special because of the large head but several vendors offer fender bolt kits. With the exception of the fine threaded bolts that screw into the bottom of the cases, all of the bolts are standard metric thread sizes.