leaking trans oil! i need help pleaaaaaaaaasE!

01twin350shee

hi.. someone please help i was riding today and whenever i stoppped i noticed a tiny leal out of the crank area.. so i let it go.. made sure i kept an eye on my dip stick it stayed fine for a little.. them i came back one of the times and the fluid just dumped.. all out bone dry.. i took the casing off near the shifter and whatnot and saw a little hole.. so i saw this little whole dripping it looks just lke an un threaded hole,. idk what its for but the fluid comes out of it. idk what it is or why its there or how i can fix it can someone pleasepleaseplease help! thanks alot!

sam

hi.. someone please help i was riding today and whenever i stoppped i noticed a tiny leal out of the crank area.. so i let it go.. made sure i kept an eye on my dip stick it stayed fine for a little.. them i came back one of the times and the fluid just dumped.. all out bone dry.. i took the casing off near the shifter and whatnot and saw a little hole.. so i saw this little whole dripping it looks just lke an un threaded hole,. idk what its for but the fluid comes out of it. idk what it is or why its there or how i can fix it can someone pleasepleaseplease help! thanks alot!

sam

sounds like the plugs in the case where the shift fork rods go must have poped out. You'll need to order a new one and put it back in. Use some epoxy before installation and press it back in.

Go here http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1987-yamaha-motorcycle-banshee-yfz350t/o/m6966

and it's #18 in the transmission microfiche

Edited by MattBerghauser

Ok, first settle down cause its not a big deal at all. Second, no need too start 2 separate threads about this. Third, i covered this yesterday. If you would have used the search button at the top you would have seen it Sam.

Easy fix.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135300&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1