What Equipment Is used for Preparing a sand Drag Track!

robert77

Hello all ,

I am in the process of making a sand drag track. My question is

1. What equipment is used for the grading of the track( I have been told its like a (doall)? But i have googled everything and cannot find anything close to that?

Any suggestions would be apreciated

Looking to buy or rent equipment for the job So if any of you guys have knowledge on this stuff please feel free to post Thanks

i was told it has discs angled on both ends and a beam in the back i just dont know the technical name THANKS ALL

Hello all ,

I am in the process of making a sand drag track. My question is

1. What equipment is used for the grading of the track( I have been told its like a (doall)? But i have googled everything and cannot find anything close to that?

Any suggestions would be apreciated

Looking to buy or rent equipment for the job So if any of you guys have knowledge on this stuff please feel free to post Thanks

i was told it has discs angled on both ends and a beam in the back i just dont know the technical name THANKS ALL

My link

That's all I could find. There must be a more technical name for it.

Here at the horse farm we use a pulverizer and chain drag for the arenas , 3-4 in of sand on lime stone. I saw something simular to the do-all on the link except only 6-8 ft wide , 3 point tractor hitch . Might visit a couple local horse farms with either indoor or outdoor arenas , they might have something they might rent you . If I see my boss today I'll ask if he knows what they are called ,I'll PM if I find anything out. Might try Googleing "equestrian arena" to find out what they're called. Hope this helps , I might try to get to those drags. BTW I'm only maintenance here.

That's just one piece of the puzzle.

Every track I ride has a small dozer with a bucket on the front to push forward all the sand/dirt/clay back into the starting area/starting line area, THEN one of those groomers is passed over the whole track.

There's a lot of work that goes into grading a track, keeping it level with NO humps is critical.