Alcohol/methenol?

kolb02

I prefer a pump, but you can run gravity feed w/bigger bowls. It is not suggested(if you are running longer than 300 ft then forget about it) but plenty of people get away w/running stock bowls on smaller stock cyl builds. The pump could possibly save you from Hydro locking a motor and since you can just leave your petcock on all the time w/a pump you don't run a rick of burning down your motor from forgetting to turn the fuel on. The down side to a pump is you have to drill a pulse line in the cyl somewhere(which is actually very easy). And w/a pump, you should really never have to worry about length of run, etc.

I prefer a pump, but you can run gravity feed w/bigger bowls. It is not suggested(if you are running longer than 300 ft then forget about it) but plenty of people get away w/running stock bowls on smaller stock cyl builds. The pump could possibly save you from Hydro locking a motor and since you can just leave your petcock on all the time w/a pump you don't run a rick of burning down your motor from forgetting to turn the fuel on. The down side to a pump is you have to drill a pulse line in the cyl somewhere(which is actually very easy). And w/a pump, you should really never have to worry about length of run, etc.

Ok, I do run longer than 300ft! We run up choke cherry in St A's and it's about 700ft and pretty steep! So I guess I should run a pump? I already have bigger bowls too. And where do I tap for the pulse line?

Edited by kolb02

hey damian,do you have to change the needle and seat when you run a pump? Iv'e read on here a few times that you have to change that stuff and there is a few different pumps,some say the black colored pump is the best ones. I run the lectron 40's and want to run a pump as well. thanks jeff

hey damian,do you have to change the needle and seat when you run a pump? Iv'e read on here a few times that you have to change that stuff and there is a few different pumps,some say the black colored pump is the best ones. I run the lectron 40's and want to run a pump as well. thanks jeff

Yes Jeff. I am familiar w/the PWK's and the lectrons. In your case Jeff, you just need to change out the needle and seat and you are all set. The black octagon pump is what I use, but Dajogejr uses the smaller volume pump and gets away w/that just fine. The larger is 65 Lph and I wanna say the smaller is like 35Lph.

I am sort of experiencing a brain fart right now, but if I remember correctly, you have one or the other w/the PWK's. You either have pumper carbs or you don't. You can get away w/running a pretty good length w/billet bowls, I just prefer a Pump.

i did mine on the pingle side, on the intake of the motor. its about 3/4 of an inch away from the 3 on my vforce3 reeds. they work out just great. Just remember to turn the fuel off or you will never get it started. If you forget to turn the fuel off you have to put the bike on its side and then your dumping out about a half gallon of perfectly fine alky. Then have fun kicking it over.

i did mine on the pingle side, on the intake of the motor. its about 3/4 of an inch away from the 3 on my vforce3 reeds. they work out just great. Just remember to turn the fuel off or you will never get it started. If you forget to turn the fuel off you have to put the bike on its side and then your dumping out about a half gallon of perfectly fine alky. Then have fun kicking it over.

Can you get me a pic please! What about taping the reed cage spacer on the top?

Hey Brett, sounds like you are going to even up the playing field a little. Any plans to come back before the snow?

Yep, we should be back down in a couple weeks! With Meth on my shee! I think I have a shot at the big motors. I talked to RDZ and we had my timing at +5 and it should have been at +6.5 so they said I was leaving power on the table.

If you can run with rob I will be very impressed, I think it is possible too. They have over 100 cc's more, and the other advantages that a cheetah has over a cub, that being said, you are not to far off the pace on race gas. I think Brindley put that bottle on his raptor just for you guys, that was the first time I have seen it.

Can you get me a pic please! What about taping the reed cage spacer on the top?

ill get you a picture on sunday afternoon if thats cool. Or you could pm me your phone# and i could text you a picture from my iphone pretty quickly. Just dont have enough time to bust out the camera and work on my desktops virus until sunday.

If you can run with rob I will be very impressed, I think it is possible too. They have over 100 cc's more, and the other advantages that a cheetah has over a cub, that being said, you are not to far off the pace on race gas. I think Brindley put that bottle on his raptor just for you guys, that was the first time I have seen it.

Ya, that would be great to keep up with them if not beat them now. I'm going to up the timing to 8-9 degrees too and I might have to get more paddle now. We will see here in a couple weeks how it runs. You will have to come out and ride with us when we come down.