Which carbs with alky

kolb02

Which carbs do you guys recommend using for alky, a 39pwk or a 39 mikuni? And some info to back up why you like on over the other. Pros and cons would be great. And this is going on my motor in my sig.

Thanks

Do you like blondes or brunettes? PWK's seem to be the favorite around here... but some swear by mikuni's.

i dont care what anyone say's

lectrons for alky are THE alky carb..

pro's: wont run out of fuel, dont need jets, can be switched back to gas with a simple needle change ( you dont even have to take them off..) the idle set screws can be on the outside of the carbs. they are easy to find parts for they are cheaper ready to go that either new mik's converted OR new PWK's converted. they are easy to tune and set up peep's that dont like them havent been shown how to use them. or are stubborn..

cons: they have crappy flathead screws on them that kinda suck but mic's and kehiens have shitty philips head screws that you will strip out and cuss at also.. ( oh and you wont have to take the bowls off the lectrons to tune them so BLA)

Thanks guys, keep the comments coming!

Im sorry. this is a bit off topic.

I personaly think your bike is awesome. I watched your video and figured you could definatly pick up at least a tenth or so with a wheelie bar and proper gearing, only because i remember you saying you were running 14-41 ......

Im sorry. this is a bit off topic.

I personaly think your bike is awesome. I watched your video and figured you could definatly pick up at least a tenth or so with a wheelie bar and proper gearing, only because i remember you saying you were running 14-41 ......

Thanks man, I should pick up some with better paddles and wheelie bar. I counted my gears and I was 15-43 now I changed to 16-43.

i dont care what anyone say's

lectrons for alky are THE alky carb..

pro's: wont run out of fuel, dont need jets, can be switched back to gas with a simple needle change ( you dont even have to take them off..) the idle set screws can be on the outside of the carbs. they are easy to find parts for they are cheaper ready to go that either new mik's converted OR new PWK's converted. they are easy to tune and set up peep's that dont like them havent been shown how to use them. or are stubborn..

cons: they have crappy flathead screws on them that kinda suck but mic's and kehiens have shitty philips head screws that you will strip out and cuss at also.. ( oh and you wont have to take the bowls off the lectrons to tune them so BLA)

I hate to admit that I agree; as long as they're gravity fed. My 10 mil Cub made about 5 more peak hp with pwks vs. Lectrons, but were on the ragged edge lean (with no room to richen them up any more without drilling them to 0.124", which ruins them for some motors.)

Yeah, not having to remove the carbs or bowls to tune is what makes them great.