air filter

a filter is a filter. pods make getting too the carbs way easier but as long as it keeps the dirt out. no real power gain with other setups.

hey thanks alot but what do u think about the pro flow kit is it better then the stock setup ? does any 1 have this and is it easy to install?

i have heard that they are better but i am not sure in what way? i think that they make it easier to get to the filter when needed. i have also heard on hear that the stock adapter has an o ring? and if it gets pinched it will let in a ton of dirt. i havent had this problem but the convenience would be worth it

a filter is a filter. pods make getting too the carbs way easier but as long as it keeps the dirt out. no real power gain with other setups.

:rolleyes:

A filter is NOT a filter... You change your air filter out for more reasons than just convenience. :shootself:

As anyone with half a brain, and has ever seen a wrench before, knows... on an internal combustion engine, air+fuel+compression=boom. The more air you can flow through the carbs, the more fuel you can suck in. The more fuel and air = more boom. So... running pods, or the pro-flow setup, will INDEED increase power, regardless of what this guy says. HOWEVER, you have to be able to get that exhaust out of there, as fast as possible. That is where the right intake/pipe combination becomes crucial.

If you only ride in sand, or dry areas, a lot of people prefer to run pods. I run pods myself, and only ride at Glamis. If you ride near water, mud, or snow, run an airbox with the pro-flow adapter, and a k&n, or foam type, with a pre-filter. One of those setups, along with removing the air box lid, is probably the most common intake mod on the banshees. :cheers:

:rolleyes:

A filter is NOT a filter... You change your air filter out for more reasons than just convenience. :shootself:

As anyone with half a brain, and has ever seen a wrench before, knows... on an internal combustion engine, air+fuel+compression=boom. The more air you can flow through the carbs, the more fuel you can suck in. The more fuel and air = more boom. So... running pods, or the pro-flow setup, will INDEED increase power, regardless of what this guy says. HOWEVER, you have to be able to get that exhaust out of there, as fast as possible. That is where the right intake/pipe combination becomes crucial.

If you only ride in sand, or dry areas, a lot of people prefer to run pods. I run pods myself, and only ride at Glamis. If you ride near water, mud, or snow, run an airbox with the pro-flow adapter, and a k&n, or foam type, with a pre-filter. One of those setups, along with removing the air box lid, is probably the most common intake mod on the banshees. :cheers:

hey thanks alot see right now i have the stock setup snorkel removed and 12 vents in the box so i know if i take the lid off ill have to re jet and dont think its best for the engine cuz i would let in to much dirt right?

I think what he was trying to say was that most high flow filter set ups are compareable. In other words most will flow more than enough air to meet the demands of the engine. Now I am sure a seriously worked or large displacement engine may require an extra large filter set up, but I think you get the idea.

Pods vs high flow air box will be dictated more by riding area than power advantages.

BTW....Fuel+air+compression does NOT = BOOM. It = burn....a very fast burn, but a burn none the less.

Boom = detonation.

Just sayin....

I think what he was trying to say was that most high flow filter set ups are compareable. In other words most will flow more than enough air to meet the demands of the engine. Now I am sure a seriously worked or large displacement engine may require an extra large filter set up, but I think you get the idea.

Pods vs high flow air box will be dictated more by riding area than power advantages.

BTW....Fuel+air+compression does NOT = BOOM. It = burn....a very fast burn, but a burn none the less.

Boom = detonation.

Just sayin....

Tell ya what... run your bike without pipes, and let me know if it goes boom... :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Tell ya what... run your bike without pipes, and let me know if it goes boom... :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Well.....to quote a wise man I once spoke with........

"As anyone with half a brain, and has ever seen a wrench before, knows... on an internal combustion engine......"

...................you DON'T want to run it without pipes!!! LOL!!!!!!!

One more thing....at the risk of getting overly technical.....gas doesn't get "sucked" in......

....air flowing through the carb venturi creates a low pressure in the carb throat and the fuel gets PUSHED in by the higher pressure of the outside atmosphere. That's why the float bowls are vented. Bernoulli says so.

And I wonder why my wife calls me Cliff Claven!!! LOL!!!

Jeez....it's past my bed time....i'm babbling again!!!!