hard supsension

BANSH-alena-jol-EE

hello, im new to flat trac, ive just taken off all my shocks and replaced them with steel rods...its nice bit lighter, way lower, 8 inch from ground in front and 3 in rear. this prob would be best for drag only maybe, but im gonna try it on the track, its pretty smooth there... so far she handles on a dime and seems faster :) i im gonna try stiff rear and put my shocks back on try that tomorrow...any thoughts?

Running Rigid you loose a ton of traction. You need some body roll, And with a properly setup swaybar in the turns you get alot more traction. With good shocks you can get the low ride height you want and still get the proper weight transfer. Running rigid will also add alot more stress and twist on the frame eventually leading to cracks. I always see new riders at the track try it, and it never last long. impossible to hook up and keep straight on the track.

Just a note, you don't want to go to low in the rear. Basically when you lessen the swing-arm angle too much you can reach a point where will unload the rear and it will cause excess wheel spin... ie. too much rear squat.

But you need wheel travel, it is a balance you'll have to find that suits your riding style.

Look at it this way, when the track goes away (drys up), I raise the bike, not lower it.

ok ok so u guys are breaking my heart lol, but thanks ahhah makes sense, im gonna try to soften up my socks and try that, i may rig up a home made front lowering kit? im gonna try a few combos out, i race tomorrow, its a 1/3 mile track last time my fastest time was 21.5 he buddy that runs the track says nobody has ever run in the 20s so im excited to be the first and hold the track record ahhahah

really i shouldnt change a thing with my set up cause it felt wicked!!!! they keep the track watered so should be good to hook up....thanks guys