wiring problem?

okay. i need to know how to test the stator. and what the gap should be. if anyone could pleeeease tell me! thanks for the help guys. im trying to understand this xD

could you also correct me if im wrong here but i believe from me just tracing the wires today the spark starts from the stator, goes to the cdi, and goes to the coil which creates the spark to the plugs? am i correct or no? lol

okay. i need to know how to test the stator. and what the gap should be. if anyone could pleeeease tell me! thanks for the help guys. im trying to understand this xD

could you also correct me if im wrong here but i believe from me just tracing the wires today the spark starts from the stator, goes to the cdi, and goes to the coil which creates the spark to the plugs? am i correct or no? lol

yep and the other side of the stator is the lighting coil,good thing on the tores,just need to eliminate the rear parking brake rev limiter,so it doesn't give you any future problems.

yep and the other side of the stator is the lighting coil,good thing on the tores,just need to eliminate the rear parking brake rev limiter,so it doesn't give you any future problems.

Jeez there's a rev limiter on the parking brake??? How does that work!? Lol how do I eliminate it? And also in the pictures there's a black box hanging on the exhaust.what is that?

Jeez there's a rev limiter on the parking brake??? How does that work!? Lol how do I eliminate it? And also in the pictures there's a black box hanging on the exhaust.what is that?

thats either the tors black box or the parking brake rev limiter black box just unplug the parking brake box and rap the plug ends up with black tape.

lol.....um, that little black box sitting on the exhaust- unplug it and recheck for spark.....if tors is removed, that box will not let it spark at all. there is no parking brake box, it's built into the cdi. go to the back of the box, and in your harness there is a green/yellow wire. clip that wire and the parking brake limiter is gone. the gap on the flywheel pickup you can set with a sparkplug box flap. if you go to the homepage, you can find the tech docs that have the whole electrical testing parameters in it. only thing is- most coils you catually test the secondary from cap-to-cap, not cap to (-)

Either one could but not 100% sure. Find another banshee and switch them to see if you get spark. 96 and above have different cdi's. If you have a Ricky Stator it can also be bad they're shit.

NO, the voltage regulator will NOT affect spark. It only controls the voltage in the lighting circuit and when it goes bad the voltage goes way high and burns out your light bulbs. You need to get a good service manual and it will tell you how to check out the stator and coil. If those check out then you need to swap out the CDI box and seee if that makes it spark. Also, look over your wire harness for damaged or shorted wires. I believe I read that this is a 1990, they do not have park brake rev limiters, that was added to the 1997 and later models.

That's wrong. 95, and 96 are the two years that are different.

CDI boxes breakdown as follows: 87-94,95-96,97-06. 95-96 boxes are the same as the early boxes except the connectors are different, if you change the connectors you could use one of them. The 97 on boxes are different because that is when the park brake rev limiter was added, you could use one of them if you splice on the early connectors and don't hookup the green/yellow wire for the rev limiter.

• 4 weeks later...