wiring problem?

How's it going guys!

Well I just picked up my 1990 (used to thread on here to find out ther year so +1 for that) banshee! (Not sure what year the motor is tho 3GG-010514)

I knew it didn't start when I bought it but that's okay cuz 4 $600 its a steal. So me and my dad started checking things out and were stumped. It has a brand new coil, and a brand new stator in it. We honestly both don't know anything about electric so any help would be great. I'm wondering what tests I can do to trace where the problem is! Please any help would be awesome! Thanks a lot guys

I would think Stator or CDI but check ground and all connections

check if you have the right gap for pick up coil and check and trace down your stator wires going to cdi and make sure thier not burnt or corrosive and trace down coil wires to and kill switch,that atv is 20 years old and if you can find a banshee close to that year,switch cdi,hope this helps

ugh! i am just all confused. i hate electrical issues wacko.gifshoothead.gif

you can get a ohm tester and test the resistance for the coil and stator,cant remember the resistance is supposed to be,the clymers book will tell you how to test it and what resistance it should be.