stock carb needles?

jbirdshee

So I am needing some fatter needles for my stock carbs, but I do not know where to go about getting some. Can somebody point me in the right direction please??? Also what is the actual model name or number for these carbs? I know they are 26mm but I would like to know specifically what they are called. Thanks for any help

So I am needing some fatter needles for my stock carbs, but I do not know where to go about getting some. Can somebody point me in the right direction please??? Also what is the actual model name or number for these carbs? I know they are 26mm but I would like to know specifically what they are called. Thanks for any help

The stock carb is: Mikuni VM26SS Spigot (round-slide)

The stock Jet Needle is: 5N7

1st character = needle length (5 = 5 Series, 50.00-59.99mm)

2nd character = amount of taper in 15 min intervals (N = 3 degs 30 mins)

3rd character = materials and finish (7 = [exact length, major OD, point of beginning of taper in reference to clip position, manufacture specific])

To get fatter you need to do one or more of the following:

Move the clip down on the needle (position 4 or 5)

You can also use "half-height" washers under the clip to get a little fatter as well

Get a needle with more taper (greater than N)

The other half of the Jet Needle equation is the Needle Jet which is the "tube" that the Jet Needle mates with (slides/fits into)

The stock Needle Jet is: 182 Series

A larger Needle Jet (larger orifice) will also fatten the mix. (LEANEST [N-0 through Q-8] RICHEST)

Are you sure you need fatter needles?

If you're sure you need fatter needles I would suggest contacting an expert in the field not someone who's just selling parts.

You might try: www.motorcyclecarbs.com

• Like 1

The stock carb is: Mikuni VM26SS Spigot (round-slide)

The stock Jet Needle is: 5N7

1st character = needle length (5 = 5 Series, 50.00-59.99mm)

2nd character = amount of taper in 15 min intervals (N = 3 degs 30 mins)

3rd character = materials and finish (7 = [exact length, major OD, point of beginning of taper in reference to clip position, manufacture specific])

To get fatter you need to do one or more of the following:

Move the clip down on the needle (position 4 or 5)

You can also use "half-height" washers under the clip to get a little fatter as well

Get a needle with more taper (greater than N)

The other half of the Jet Needle equation is the Needle Jet which is the "tube" that the Jet Needle mates with (slides/fits into)

The stock Needle Jet is: 182 Series

A larger Needle Jet (larger orifice) will also fatten the mix. (LEANEST [N-0 through Q-8] RICHEST)

Are you sure you need fatter needles?

If you're sure you need fatter needles I would suggest contacting an expert in the field not someone who's just selling parts.

You might try: www.motorcyclecarbs.com

wow! ok thanks man. i already have the clip all the way down and still need more so a new needle seems to be my next option. thanks for all that info though i really appreciate the detail.