Sniper pipe reveiw

banshee332

I had Gary build me a set of sniper oofs for my buddys 421 cub that was built by clown racing but then he ported it more hisself. Anyways on a 500ft track the best he could get with cpi big bores was a 6.5 @ 86-87mph.Now this is a stock heavy chassi with no drag chassi parts at all. I ran it 4 weeks ago with the sniper pipes, The best I ran was a 6.3@86mph with a slipping clutch and Im around 70 pounds more then him. Well he fixed the clutch for this race this week, He ran his bike this week and when I grabbed the one slip I was in shock lol, He turned a 6.098@88mph.. So I must say the sniper pipes do work very well.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have a set very soon for my 10 mil.

The best part is this will really be a chance for Gary to showcase his product.

I'm not trying to toot my horn, I'm only saying this is the 4th year this motor has been together, and it is very, very consistent.

I know what it runs at each track, with each rider, at every temp, tire pressure, gearing, etc.

Thousands of passes get you that comfortable.

I have a Kevin Herr ported 10 mil cub. There are a TON of 10 mil cubs where I ride...from stock cut chassis like mine to full drag chassis.

While I'm not expecting to shave tenths off my bike (I only run 300 foot and my bike is in VERY good tune), I will be able to tell the difference.

(Not saying this 421 Brad is talking about is in bad tune, I'm only saying I know my bike and it's got a LOT of passes on it...)

And to be fair, my next race I will make my first 3-4 runs with my current pipes, the ones I've had for a few years now. Then I'll make some passes with the Snipers.

I would say Brad you guys need to play with timing then gearing on that bike.

To turn a half a second difference but stay within 1-2 MPH of the slowest to fastest pass, it has more in it.

I know when I was playing with my timing I hit a wall to where it would ET the same but it started losing 2-3 MPH...so I knew to back it off.

Our good running 4 mil cubs here go 72 to 78 MPH and that's with paddles and 200 feet less track to work with...

I should have a set very soon for my 10 mil.

The best part is this will really be a chance for Gary to showcase his product.

I'm not trying to toot my horn, I'm only saying this is the 4th year this motor has been together, and it is very, very consistent.

I know what it runs at each track, with each rider, at every temp, tire pressure, gearing, etc.

Thousands of passes get you that comfortable.

I have a Kevin Herr ported 10 mil cub. There are a TON of 10 mil cubs where I ride...from stock cut chassis like mine to full drag chassis.

While I'm not expecting to shave tenths off my bike (I only run 300 foot and my bike is in VERY good tune), I will be able to tell the difference.

(Not saying this 421 Brad is talking about is in bad tune, I'm only saying I know my bike and it's got a LOT of passes on it...)

And to be fair, my next race I will make my first 3-4 runs with my current pipes, the ones I've had for a few years now. Then I'll make some passes with the Snipers.

I would say Brad you guys need to play with timing then gearing on that bike.

To turn a half a second difference but stay within 1-2 MPH of the slowest to fastest pass, it has more in it.

I know when I was playing with my timing I hit a wall to where it would ET the same but it started losing 2-3 MPH...so I knew to back it off.

Our good running 4 mil cubs here go 72 to 78 MPH and that's with paddles and 200 feet less track to work with...

sounds good dave. We are playing with a few things on the bike, I did mess with the timing a little. he races the bike for I think 4-5 races with the current set up with the cpi's and the best he could do was low 6.5's. as soon as I put the snipers on my first to passes where 6.5 and 6.6 @85mph. Then my last pass of the night was 6.3 with 5 more thousands on the pvl and the clutch was slipping pretty good. I told andrew to bump the main up one and he did for this race the jetting is close aswell as the timing. so on average its seems these pipes helped pick up between 2 1/2 to 3 tenths on a 500ft track.

awesome... cant wait to see what they do for my cub.... only lil while longer... we will use a known dyno when we throw them on my bike... along wit my shears.. and a set cpi's ... the numbers will give a decent idea... dyno isnt track i know... but its a start...

DiSkOe*1

This is good news and a great Report.

I wonder how a set would do on my 4mil passion motor, currently running CPI's, I like them but im kinda tired of them.

Guess ill be making some phone calls.

Thanks for the review

If you like your cpis youd be very impressed with a set of shearers, and most likely even more impressed with the snipers! I love my shearers, can wait to see some snipers run!

If you like your cpis youd be very impressed with a set of shearers, and most likely even more impressed with the snipers! I love my shearers, can wait to see some snipers run!

I was told from Jim that cpi's suite my riding better but i would see 5-7more hp from shearers.

I wouldnt mind giving them a whirl, but im 100% certain that a set of snipers will be on the shee soon.

I can wait to hear some more reviews though.

To be honest Joe, I'm running a drag bike and so is Brad.

We're going to be bad comparisons for you....We spend a few seconds at WOT, that's it.

Gonna need some inframe duner type riders to test some for you!

Although, CP is putting out that serval cylinder pretty soon...I bet that would make a stout duner!

• 3 weeks later...

I put a set of snipers on my 10mill cub. switch out from shearer bb's. all I can say is wow. The mph was the same but they pull so much harder from the get go, They changed the gearing a good bit, I was shifting into 5th right at the finish line. So once I get the gearing right im sure they will pull more mph as well. They pull harder but also rev out longer and you can hold the gears longer.

I did not do the greatest due trowing a chain and I had to forfeit my next run because I bent my sprocket and could not get it fixed in time for the shoot out class which gave me my first loss in that class and we where in round 3 when that happen. Like I said before I know once the gearing is right the cub will pull I would say at least 2 more mph over the shearers.

All of the bigger bikes,10-20 mill dm,twister,cheetahs and snowmo where running an average of 6.0-6.1 and a couple of them ran a 5.9 in 500ft.

I also turned a 5.9 @94mph last night. I ended up with 2end in the one class and 5th in the shoot out class.

So I will say these pipes do what they say they will, The bike just pulls so much harder all the way through. Once I get the gearing right I would say the cub is going to be a good bit faster I would think.

I put a set of snipers on my 10mill cub. switch out from shearer bb's. all I can say is wow. The mph was the same but they pull so much harder from the get go, They changed the gearing a good bit, I was shifting into 5th right at the finish line. So once I get the gearing right im sure they will pull more mph as well. They pull harder but also rev out longer and you can hold the gears longer.

I did not do the greatest due trowing a chain and I had to forfeit my next run because I bent my sprocket and could not get it fixed in time for the shoot out class which gave me my first loss in that class and we where in round 3 when that happen. Like I said before I know once the gearing is right the cub will pull I would say at least 2 more mph over the shearers.

All of the bigger bikes,10-20 mill dm,twister,cheetahs and snowmo where running an average of 6.0-6.1 and a couple of them ran a 5.9 in 500ft.

I also turned a 5.9 @94mph last night. I ended up with 2end in the one class and 5th in the shoot out class.

So I will say these pipes do what they say they will, The bike just pulls so much harder all the way through. Once I get the gearing right I would say the cub is going to be a good bit faster I would think.

all these pipes are is the in frames modded to be oof's. So they are pretty much the same as inframes